F-12. Academic Policies and Forms for Graduate Programs

F-12. Academic Policies and Forms for Graduate Programs

These forms and procedures are provided as a resource for Graduate Faculty. Some forms have access restrictions; these are noted as such. Please contact the Graduate Studies office for more information on any of the policies or forms.

Enrollment Services

Graduation Verification

Theses and Dissertations

Academic Calendars

Assistantships, Fellowships, and Aid

Nomination Forms

Summer Tuition Assistance Program

The Summer Tuition Assistance Program (STAP) is designed to provide tuition assistance to graduate students who have had assistantships supported on general or restricted funds or University fellowships for the two preceding semesters, so that they can continue graduate studies during the summer.

Student Travel Grants

Graduate Student Affairs

Changing Academic Status

Refer to the Graduate School page for making a change in academic status (e.g. resuming studies or changing a major).

Undergraduates in 500- or 800-Level Courses

Any senior with a 3.50 grade-point average may be admitted to 500 or 800-level courses with the consent of the instructor; other seniors with a B average or better may be admitted to graduate courses with the consent of the instructor, the student's academic adviser, and the dean of the Graduate School. Request permission (PDF).

Corrected Grades

Please refer to University Faculty Senate Policy 48-30.

Concurrent Graduate Degree Programs

Integrated Undergraduate/Graduate (IUG) Programs

Transfer of Graduate Credits

Consult the Graduate School website for full information on transfer of graduate credits and then use the appropriate form, below.

Faculty and Curricular Policies and Procedures

Category P, Category Q, and Category R Graduate Faculty Membership

Full information, including terminology, criteria, and forms, is available on the Graduate Faculty Membership page.

Teaching by Non-members of the Graduate Faculty

Under special circumstances, on recommendation of the program chairperson and on approval of the dean of the Graduate School, non-graduate faculty members may be approved to teach specific 500-level courses. The request form is available on the Graduate Faculty Membership page.

Graduate Council Curricular Review Process

This comprehensive overview of the Graduate Council curricular review process is intended to elaborate on and clarify the current process for all graduate faculty proposers, college/campus administrators, and staff who are involved in preparing and processing graduate education proposals for curricular review.

Post-baccalaureate and Graduate Certificates