The digital signage system used throughout campus runs on a web-based platform which is maintained by ITS and administered by Marketing and Communications.
Digital signage typically displays upcoming events and significant campus- and university-wide announcements. Additionally, select signs can be customized to display information specific to the sign's location. For example, the Box Office sign outside the Kulkarni Theatre displays a calendar feed about upcoming theatre events, reminders to patrons about food and drinks, etc.
Signage panels can be added to a specific sign or campus-wide playlist by request and approval of Marketing and Communications.
Note that all events must be entered in the 25Live calendar system in order to appear in the Upcoming Events rotation.
Separate panels for events will generally not be approved for display campus-wide, but are eligible for consideration for location-specific signs.
Signage Panel Specifications
- Size: 1920 x 1080 pixels (16:9 aspect ratio)
This is "landscape" orientation (horizontal, not vertical)
- PNG or JPG
- Recommended: create the panel as a widescreen (16:9) MS PowerPoint slide and then export the final product as an image file
- Note: You must have rights to use any image (i.e. no copyrighted images used without permission)
Requesting Installation of a Sign
Units interested in having a digital sign installed in their area should begin the process by contacting all three of the following units:
- Office of Physical Plant (Chuck Garber)
- Marketing and Communications (Chris Weaver)
- ITS (Gary Barb); please submit an ITS Service Request
Note that multiple factors affect sign placement, including ADA requirements, location of power, and network access. Be sure to contact the above units early in your planning process.