Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Dr. Wanda Knight, the college’s assistant dean for DEI and Evan Williams, the college’s assistant director for student DEI share their thoughts on DEI efforts at Penn State Harrisburg.
President Bendapudi visits campus, shares vision
Penn State President Neeli Bendapudi visited the campus in March, just before she officially began her tenure as the University’s 19th president.
In Memoriam: Mukund S. Kulkarni
Former Chancellor Mukund S. Kulkarni, who retired from Penn State in 2018, passed away on June 2, 2021.
- Harrisburg Library Named in Honor of Madlyn Hanes
Teaching • Research • Service
- Two from Penn State Harrisburg receive 2022-23 Fulbright Scholar Awards
- Research partnership provides hands-on learning
- Professor receives prestigious NSF CAREER Award
- Two projects to bolster diversity in STEM education
- Student research and innovation impacts the community
Around the Campus
- WITF-TV, and the Center for Holocaust and Jewish Studies, presented a special sneak preview and community conversation around the new documentary series, “The U.S. and the Holocaust,” directed by Ken Burns, Lynn Novick and Sarah Botstein, that examines America’s response to one of the greatest humanitarian crises of the 20th century.
- The college’s Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) hosted a community art project to honor World Suicide Prevention Day through painting and creating art to raise awareness of suicide and suicide prevention.
- The Student Clubs and Organizations Involvement Fair gave the chance for many clubs and organizations to provide information and recruit new members.
- The college’s annual Veterans Day celebration recognized college community and local veterans.
- We welcomed new and returning students to campus during Move-In Weekend.
- New Student Orientation returned to campus in person for the first time since 2019. A dozen full-day sessions were held over the summer offering new students and their families a chance to visit the campus, learn about available resources, and explore academic areas.
- The college hosted the national Summer Institute for Equity in the Academic Experience in June 2022. The institute aims to advance meaningful equity work at U.S. colleges and universities to improve equitable access and outcomes for low-income, first-generation, and students of color.
- Students were wowed by the craft of magician Mike Super Magic and Illusion, one of many events held during Welcome Week.
- New students were welcomed at the New Student Convocation, the first event of the new academic year and the ceremonial start for all incoming first-year students, marking their formal entry into the life and traditions of Penn State University.
- Penn State Harrisburg athletics receives highest conference honor
- New home field for college's athletics teams
Alumni and Development