Good academic standing requires students to maintain a 2.00 cumulative GPA (CGPA). Students who do not maintain a 2.00 CGPA are placed in Academic Warning status and have a hold placed on their registration for the following semester.
To have the registration hold removed, students must first meet with their academic adviser.
Meeting with Your Adviser
The University places students on Academic Warning to serve as an alert and prompt to seek help in taking an active approach to improve your academics. During the required meeting with your adviser, you may be asked to:
- Reflect on challenges leading to the warning
- Use University resources to assist in improving academic performance
- Review academic guidelines for grades, grade point averages and policies
- Plan a balanced schedule
- Develop a plan for success
- Schedule follow-up meetings
To begin the release process, complete the Academic Action Plan worksheet and bring it with you to your adviser meeting. As you list goals within the self-reflection assessment, please make them specific and achievable.
Making the Most of Campus Resources
The offices listed below may be helpful as you define your academic goals and plan for academic success: