What is Residence Life?
The mission of the Residence Life Office at Penn State Harrisburg is to provide a safe, comfortable, secure, and nurturing living-learning environment that is conducive to students' academic pursuits and personal growth while fostering a sense of community, civic responsibility, and an appreciation of diversity. We strive for this by providing high quality living-learning environments, programs, and services that support and challenge students studying and living at Penn State Harrisburg.
What Residence Life Can Do for Students
- Assist with adjustment to college life, social interaction, and roommates
- Offer support, assistance and referrals for personal, academic and psychological concerns
- Enhance the social, academic and leadership skills through educational programming, community building, and personal contact
- Ensure that the residence hall environment is supportive of all students and adheres to University policy
Residential Students Will Be Able To
- Identify key factors and resources, on and off campus, related to personal wellness
- Recognize the importance of sustainability to the environment and future
- Identify ways to be a positive and productive citizen both in the classroom and their community
- Discuss the importance of appreciating the diversity in other individual's values, backgrounds, and beliefs
Contact Residence Life
Location: Student Community Center
Hours: Monday-Friday 8AM-5PM
Phone #: 717-948-6269
Fax #: 717-948-6398
Resident assistants are on duty in the residence halls seven days a week during the academic year, including evenings from 8PM-12AM (Sunday-Thursday) and 8PM-1AM (Friday-Saturday). RAs are also available before and after these hours as needed.