Students who are interested in being a Resident Assistant for the 2015-2016 school year must complete an application and interview to participate in the RA class, HI ED 301, which is offered during spring semester.
Information sessions will be held in September for students who are interested in the position and who want more information about the class.
Why be a Resident Assistant?
- Leadership experience
- Build your resume
- Make new friends
- Build a community
- Plan events and programs
- Be involved on campus
- Free housing and meal plan
- It's fun!
- A 2.50 cumulative GPA
- 24 earned credit hours upon completing of Spring 2014 semester
- Good conduct standing with the University
- Intention to attend classes at Penn State Harrisburg at least one year following completion of RA class
All RAs receive free housing and a stipend towards tuition. RA placed in buildings without kitchens will receive meal plans. Stipend is dependent upon location.
Applications Transferring to Harrisburg
If you are transferring to Penn State Harrisburg and are currently an RA at another location of Penn State; enrolled in or already taken the RA Class at another location of Penn State, or are transferring from another college please contact Residence Life at 717-948-6269 or [email protected]
Timeline of RA Process
- Middle of September Applications become available on OrgSync
- Information Sessions held in the Community Center middle of September
- Applications due in Early October
- Interviews for class placement conducted through Mid-October