The Schreyer Honors College at Penn State Harrisburg is the University’s Honors Program. Like the Capital College Honors Program, the Schreyer Honors College is designed to meet the intellectual needs of highly motivated students. Prospective first-year Penn State Harrisburg students can apply to the Honors College through incoming first-year applications, and current Penn State Harrisburg students can join via the current student application..
First and Second Year Students
Juniors and Seniors
- Complete a minimum of fourteen honors credits during junior and senior years. The honors credits must include HONOR 301H (Knowledge in Society, 3 credits), HONOR 493H (Service Learning, 1 credit), HONOR 494M/495H (Thesis Preparation, 3 credits combined) and HONOR 496H (Thesis, 3 credits).
- Submit a thesis proposal one year prior to graduation (must be approved by thesis readers and an honors advisor by deadline).
- Complete and present an approved honors thesis prior to graduation.
- Submit an advisor-approved Academic Plan on time.
- Attend at least one honors event per semester.
- Maintain a semester and cumulative GPA of 3.4.
- Attend Honors Orientation in the fall (for new honors students only).
Admission Process for Current Penn State Students
Currents Penn State Student applicants must:
- Be in their fourth semester standing, have been at Penn State for at least two semesters, and have four full semesters remaining.
- Have a 3.7 cumulative GPA at the time of application.
- Earn a 3.5 GPA at the application semester for rising juniors and a 3.7 GPA at the application semester for rising sophomores.
If you are a rising junior and you do not meet all of the eligibility requirements of applications, you should seriously consider applying to the Capital College Honors Program. If you are admitted to the Capital College Honors Program, you might have another opportunity to apply to Schreyer Honors College at Penn State Harrisburg through expedited applications when you are a rising senior; contact the Capital College Honors Program at [email protected] for more information.
For incoming first-year applications, see the application process.
Application Requirements for Current Penn State Students
- Complete the online application form.
- Submit an essay. (See essay questions at the application website.)
- Provide a reference.