Artificial Intelligence (AI) is an important tool in today’s society.
Many questions exist regarding what is AI, what are types of AI applications and software, and how to best use AI.
Industries are excited to learn how to make AI work for them.
In this course, there will be dialogue regarding all the above as well as meaningful dialogue about AI, the ethics of AI, and how best to make use of AI applications like Chat GPT and current AI tools used in the marketplace.
Dr. Truong X. Tran is an Assistant Professor of Computer Science at Penn State Harrisburg, Penn State University. Dr. Tran holds a Ph.D. in Computer Science from The University of Alabama in Huntsville. Dr. Tran has experience and interests in conducting research in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Data Analytics, Natural Language Processing, Computer Vision, Bioinformatics, and Software Engineering. His research explores applications in both transformative research and embedding innovation research into real-world problems. Dr. Tran has published scientific papers widely in Computer Science.
Course Competencies (tentative)
- Week 1: Introduction to AI and sub-fields of AI
- Week 2: AI for Images/video and pattern recognition applications
- Week 3: Natural Language Processing and Chat GPT
- Week 4: AI for Businesses and decision-making systems.
- Week 5: Course wrap-up and more practical application of AI.