CAIMS has convened the College of Medicine faculty with Penn State Harrisburg to form CAIMS Affiliates from the areas of Behavioral Science and Education with Science, Engineering, and Technology. This group has explored technology and problem-solving, common core curriculum, and virtual science. Other areas of expressed interest are entrepreneurial ideas and opportunities (particularly in online teaching modules), and collaborations for grants and research. Our task is to translate these areas of interest into specific working statements toward achieving the entrepreneurial goals expressed.
- Practical applications based on faculty research findings, such as their development of alternative ways to deliver instruction in the current economically challenging times
- Partnerships among Penn State faculty and wider academic and industrial community
- Coalitions with non-public schools such as charter schools and home schools to assist in research projects that can enhance learning
- Research study on pre-K through post graduate science education delivery/support.
- Development of technology and its application to education, such as cognition and modeling games for online learning
- Partnering with industry, developing curriculum specific for training in industry.
- Professional Development for Educators
- Partnership with Training and Development to explore commonalties, similar skill sets, and philosophy of teaching and learning as a basis for research and entrepreneurship
- Development of a needs assessment for area schools regarding professional development
- Development of a scholars program for a teachers’ sabbatical or summer program to expand their knowledge in newer areas of STEM through a blended program at Penn State Harrisburg, College of Medicine, and University Park.