We’re excited you’ll be joining the Penn State Harrisburg community! NSO is optional for transfer students, but we encourage you to attend.
During NSO, you’ll meet new people, learn about majors and careers, explore opportunities on campus, and meet with an adviser to review your transfer credits and schedule or review your classes.
If you choose not to attend NSO, you are still welcome to reach out directly to get advising assistance:
- If you plan to graduate from Penn State Harrisburg, see your department contact info here.
- If you plan to graduate from University Park or another campus, contact the Advising Center at 717-948-6604 or [email protected]
Your Next Steps
- If you’ve just been accepted to Penn State, congratulations! Be sure to accept your admission offer.
- Check your email regularly.
We’ll reach out using the email address provided on your admissions application.
- Check your NSO Tasklist.
The NSO Tasklist is a comprehensive list of all the action items you must complete before starting at Penn State Harrisburg. Expect an email letting you know when you have access.
- Make your NSO Reservation (optional).Orientation is optional for transfer students but encouraged. If you’d like to attend, you are in control of which NSO program you select -- please select one that works for you and anyone attending with you. You’ll be notified via email when it’s time to make your reservation
- Learn more about being a transfer student.
Check out the Transfer Student FAQ, learn more about Transfer Course Evaluation, and use the Transfer Credit Tool.
- Send your most recent official transcripts to Penn State.
See here for more info on sending official transcripts.
- If you didn’t take a math class at your previous school, complete an ALEKS Math Assessment prior to your NSO.
Email [email protected] to get access to the assessment.
- Participate in & attend your NSO (optional).
You’ll learn about being a Penn Stater, connect with resources to support you, meet with an academic adviser and other students, and schedule your classes. Check your email weekly for important information and reminders.
For more information, visit Penn State Transfer Student Orientation.