Welcome, 欢迎, वेलकम, 환영합니다, 歡迎, Selamat Datang, خوش آمدید , வரவேற்கிறேன், Bienvenidos, Bienvenue, خوش آمدید, Susvaagatham, ようこそ, Akwaaba, Willkommen, ברוכים הבאים, Benvenuto, Тавтай морилно уу, Nwao, добро пожаловать, Bienvenidos, ยินดีต้อนรับ, Hoşgeldiniz, Вітаємо, Chào mừng bạn, خوش آمديد, Karibu
The mandatory orientation is geared for all new undergraduate freshmen, transfer, and new graduate international students.
Congratulations on being accepted to Penn State! Please follow these step by step instructions to make your start at Penn State Harrisburg the best possible experience.
ALL new and transfer international undergraduate students must attend the New Student Orientation. Students will meet with staff and faculty member to assist you with course scheduling. All students must complete the reservation process to attend the FALL 2019 NSO program: Follow the links below.
- First-year (freshman) international students (Two-Day Mandatory Orientation):
- Transfer students international students (Two-Day Mandatory Orientation):
- Transfer Students and New first year students: Make Your Reservation to Attend TSO
ALL new international graduate students must attend the new international student orientation.
- New international graduate students (One-Day Mandatory Orientation):
- Date: Thursday, August 22, 2019
- Check-in: 8:00 am in Olmsted Lobby
- Orientation location: W107, Olmsted
Please Note --
- On-campus housing students cannot register for Group 1 & Group 2
- Engage Saturday (August 24) & Convocation Sunday (August 25) are mandatory to all new students of FALL 2019
Schedule visa application appointment from a consulate office in your country.
To obtain your visa follow the pre-arrival visa application steps
F-1 Visas (student visa) see link:
U.S. Department of State
- Keep your passport, I-20 or DS-2019, money, and other valuables with you at all times. You must be able to access your documents at the port of entry
- Familiarize yourself with the US arrival process
- Have a local U.S. phone number with you for a friend, family member, or Penn State Harrisburg campus that you can call in case of emergency
- You must have all your immigration documents (and Penn State information) with you to go through the U.S. Customs and Boarder Protection at port of entry
- If your airline loses your luggage, complete a lost luggage report (see customer service from the airline you travelled) at your final destination. Provide your local apartment (U.S. address) or Penn State Harrisburg, Office of Student Life & Intercultural Programs, 777 W. Harrisburg Pike, SEC Building, Middletown, PA 17057 where your luggage will be delivered.
- Settle into your housing, based on what you arranged. (See Step 5).
- Make sure to purchase your tickets and arrange your travel so you will arrive in the area by the start of the orientation.
- Check our page on how to get to Penn State Harrisburg.
- Start your online document check-in prior to traveling to the United States.
- Log into iStart, to view the Pre-Arrival Checklist
- Complete the on-line requirements for "Mandatory Document Check-In."
- Complete the required eForms and upload scanned copies of the requested documents.
- Make sure to sign your I-20 or DS-2019 before scanning it.
- After your arrival in the U.S., go to www.cbp.gov/i94 to retrieve your most recent travel document (I-94 form). Save the form as a PDF document before uploading to iStart.
- Update your permanent address ( your home address is outside of the U.S.) and update your Local U.S. address (where you sleep while attending school) in the U.S) on LionPath
- Email [email protected] if you have questions regarding Mandatory Document Check –In
Look for permanent housing options for the school year and make arrangements early.
DO NOT SIGN MULTIPLE HOUSING AGREEMENTS! Housing agreement is a financially binding contract between your and the owner. Inform yourself about off campus living options
Translate your medical records, immunization records, and prescription information into English and bring them with you.
Purchase the Penn State health insurance plan or complete a waiver by the established deadline. See Requirements for International Students.
Learn about the immunizations (vaccination) you need and how to report them to Penn State.
Students will learn more about health insurance at International Student Orientation.
- Find out more about the Middletown/Harrisburg PA area.
- Check the Resources for Incoming Students page to find answers for adjusting to life at Penn State Harrisburg.
- Check the Guide to American Culture and Etiquette page to find the insight and observation of Global Ambassadors of Penn State Harrisburg
- Social Media