HR Shared Services
HR Shared Services is the University-wide approach to helping employees and retirees with their human resource needs.
Contact HR Shared Services for any HR issue, including recruiting, payroll, benefits, and more.
- Call 814-865-1473 weekdays between 8:30am-4:30pm Monday-Friday
- Submit an online inquiry via WorkLion any time, 24/7
- Check the Knowledge Base for the answers to many common HR questions
Penn State Policies
Penn State Policies provides the official policies and guidelines approved and made public by the Board of Trustees and officers of the University. University policies are policies with broad application throughout the University system, designed to enhance the University’s mission, promote operational efficiencies, and reduce institutional risk. Such policies help ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations, promote ethical standards and integrity, and are approved in accordance with applicable procedures.
The Penn State Human Resources’ website offers information for current and prospective employees, as well as our retirees, including information about employment, benefits, and other university resources:
- Compensation and Classification
- Employee and Family Resources
- Guide to Retirement
- Official University Holidays
- Performance Management
- Workers Compensation
Other documents and guidelines related to employment at Penn State include:
- Faculty Handbooks (Office of the Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs)
- International Faculty (Global Penn State)
- Payroll Information (Corporate Controller's Office)
- Tax-related Forms (Corporate Controller's Office)
- Commonwealth Campus Academic Paid Time Off Policy [Requires Login]
- Onboarding & Orientation [Requires Login]
- Faculty & Staff Directory Change Requests
- C-5. College Operations during Periods of Inclement or Dangerous Weather Conditions or Other Weather-Related Emergencies