Professional Development Opportunities in Project Management
We offer a wide variety of Project Management opportunities including programs designed to prepare individuals to take (and pass!) the Project Management Professional (PMP) certification exam (distance and classroom based), Project Management Fundamentals classes, and customized training in Project Management that meets organizations’ specific needs! Click on the title of the Project Management opportunity below to get additional information including dates/day/time and registration information.
Project Management Bootcamp is a five-session, instructor-led program provides participants with the skills and knowledge necessary to manage projects following the framework set forth by the Project Management Institute (PMI). This program is intended for individuals who are interested in using and refining the skills associated with project management. The entry criteria for this program includes individuals who are:
- IT professionals, experienced with project management
- Currently working in a position in which project management skills are required
- Preparing for the Project Management Professional (PMP) credential or the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) from PMI
At Program Completion
After completing this program, participants will be able to:
- Describe the Project Management Framework
- Describe the Project Management Lifecycle and Organizational Structures
- Identify Project Management Process Groups, Knowledge Areas, and Processes
- Conduct Project Integration Management
- Conduct Project Scope Management
- Conduct Project Time Management
- Conduct Project Cost Management
- Conduct Project Quality Management
- Conduct Project Human Resource Management
- Conduct Project Communications Management
- Conduct Project Risk Management
- Conduct Project Procurement Management
- Conduct Project Stakeholder Management
- Abide by the Requirements for Professional and Social Responsibility
There are no prerequisites for this program.
This Program helps you prepare for the following Project Management credentials:
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)
This Program will also provide you with a Penn State University Program Completion Certificate.
The participant kit includes a comprehensive participant manual and other materials necessary for this class. In addition, participants will receive a copy of A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) Fifth Edition.
This workshop is a two session (2 full days), instructor led program provides the participants with an overview of the Project Management Process.
In the past few decades, organizations have discovered something incredible: the principles that have been used to create enormous successes in large projects can be applied to projects of any size to create amazing success. As a result, many employees are expected to understand project management techniques and how to apply them to projects of any size.
The Project Management Fundamentals workshop will give participants an overview of the entire project management process, as well as key project management tools that they can use every day. Working with project planning documents, such as needs assessments, risk management plan, and a communication plan will provide benefits throughout your organization.
- Define projects, project management, and project managers
- Identify the five process groups and ten knowledge areas as defined by PMI
- Describe the triple constraint
- Perform a project needs assessment and write goals, requirements, and deliverables
- Build a project schedule by estimating time, costs, and resources
- Understand and use the work breakdown structure
- Create project planning documents, such as a schedule, risk management plan, and communication plan
- Use planning tools, including the Gantt chart, network diagram,and RACI chart
- Establish and use baselines
- Monitor and maintain the project
- Perform basic management tasks, including leading status meetings and ensuring all documents are complete at the end of the project