- The Penn State Harrisburg commencement ceremony will be held at the
(550 West Hersheypark Drive, Hershey, PA)
- The ceremony will start promptly at 9:30 a.m. and lasts approximately 2½ hours.
- Guest tickets are not required for commencement ceremony attendance. Unlimited seating is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Don’t forget to print a for yourself and your guests.
- There are no rehearsals for the ceremony. Students will receive complete instructions at the Giant Center on the day of commencement.
- Please leave valuables with family members or guests during the ceremony. There will be secure location for your belongings. Penn State Harrisburg and the Giant Center are not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged personal possessions.
- NOTE: The Giant Center has recently updated their bag policy. All attendees -- graduates and guests -- are strongly advised to review this bag policy on the Giant Center's FAQ page.
- Graduates must arrive at the Giant Center and be fully gowned by 8:00 a.m. Please allow sufficient travel time.
Review the What to Wear page for complete information on caps, gowns, hoods, and more.
- Graduates arriving after 8:30 a.m. are not guaranteed the opportunity to participate in the student processional and may not be seated with other students in their major.
- Students who arrive at the ceremony without having registered are not guaranteed the opportunity to participate in the student processional and may not be seated with other students in their major.
- The student processional will take place at 9:00 a.m. and the ceremony will start at 9:30 a.m.
Registration and Marching Cards
- Students enter through the Season Ticket Holders Entrance, which is to the right of the main entrance at the Giant Center. Your guests should use the main entrance doors and proceed to their seats in the Giant Center arena.
- Proceed directly to the graduate registration area. You will receive a marching card with your name and seat number for the staging area.
- You may be given more than one card — keep all cards; you must present them to the Nomenclator who will announce your name before you cross the stage.
After registering and receiving your marching card(s), go to the student processional staging area. Penn State Harrisburg staff will guide all graduates through each portion of the ceremony.
- All cell phones must be turned off as soon as you enter the student processional/seating area. Please refrain from cell phone use before and during the ceremony.
- Students must be seated in their assigned seats by 8:30 a.m. to receive processional instructions.
- The student processional will begin at 9 a.m. and the ceremony will start promptly at 9:30 a.m.
- Any student suspected to be under the influence of alcohol or a controlled substance will be subject to arrest and will not be allowed to participate in the ceremony.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited, both inside and outside the Giant Center.
- Do not leave any personal items or valuables unattended at any time during the ceremony, especially in the student staging area.
Students must remain seated on the Giant Center floor until the conclusion of the ceremony. When you are led out of the arena, you may meet your guests on the main concourse or outside the building.
Alternate Commencement Sites