Fall 2021 Commencement
Saturday, December 18, 2021
The information here pertains to graduation ceremonies for Penn State Harrisburg only.
If you plan to graduate from another location, please visit your campus web site for more information.
We offer a live stream of the commencement ceremony for the benefit of our students' family members who may not be able to attend the ceremony in person. The stream will be available on the Penn State Harrisburg YouTube channel starting 30 minutes before the ceremony starts, and "on demand" once the ceremony ends.
Preparing for Commencement in 3 Easy Steps
"Apply for Graduation" on LionPATH
During the Intent to Graduate Activation period (refer to the Academic Calendar) at the beginning of the semester in which you plan to graduate, apply for graduation through the LionPATH Student Center.
[View the tutorial for the "Apply for Graduation" process]
If you miss this activation deadline, you must contact the office of your major to request changes to your graduation status.
Reserve your seat at the commencement ceremony and print your ticket.
Register online to let us know you plan to participate in the commencement ceremony.
Registration periods are March 23 to April 15 (spring) and October 15 to November 15 (summer/fall).
Be sure to register so that we will expect you at the ceremony and seating will be reserved for you.
Purchase or rent academic regalia (caps, gowns, and hoods)
Caps, gowns, and hoods will not be available at the Giant Center. Refer to our What to Wear section for clothing guidelines and links to online ordering of your regalia.
Important notes about filing your intent to graduate
- Please review the Graduation Requirements policy to ensure your eligibility to attend commencement.
- Programs that contain a list of graduating students are distributed at the ceremony. If your intent to graduate is activated after the student information has been sent to the printer, your name will not appear in the program.
- Your correct home and local addresses are needed for pertinent graduation information, including diplomas. Confirm and/or update your address on LionPATH at this time.
Purchase Ceremony-Related Items
- Place orders for academic regalia through November 26th. Processing and delivery will take approximately three weeks.
- Schedule an appointment with a class ring rep to meet one-on-one with a Jostens rep via Zoom to view ring options and determine your ring size.
Share your #PSUgrad pride
Commencement is a time of celebration! You have achieved a significant milestone in your academic career, and your family, friends, and Penn State community are so proud of your accomplishments. Please take photos of your celebrations and share them with the Penn State family by using #PSHBGrad and #PSUgrad when you post. We would love to see your photos!
Follow Penn State Harrisburg's social media platforms for more commencement information and messages.
Share your Story
Penn State is looking for stories from our students graduating this semester. Tell us about your journey to graduation. How have your personal experiences as a student shaped your educational journey? How has your personal perseverance helped you reach your goals? How has Penn State Harrisburg impacted your life? What is ahead for you after graduation?
Send stories to [email protected].
|Fall 2021||Saturday, December 18|
|Spring 2022||Saturday, May 7|
|Fall 2022||Saturday, December 17|
|Spring 2023||No date released yet|
The Academic Calendar is subject to change without notice.
Please call 717-948-6002 or e-mail [email protected]du