The theatre minor at Penn State Harrisburg is a broad look at all aspects of theatre. Students should make an appointment with the minor adviser at the beginning of their freshman year to create a strategy to complete the requirements.
Due to the nature of rotating topics, class cycles, and available space, the theatre minor is a flexible program that allows for many courses to counted toward completion of the program. The minor adviser works with students to craft a strategy that complements their interests, and the theatre minor at Penn State Harrisburg is designed to be completed in 2-3 years.
Students must take a minimum of 18 credits, with 6 credits in 400-level classes. There is a selection of theatre classes offered at Penn State Harrisburg that focus on aspects of performance, design, and production.
Penn State Harrisburg classes include:
- THEA 102 Acting (GA)
- THEA 103 Directing
- THEA 105 Introduction to Theatre (GA)
- THEA 150 Theatre Design (Lighting, Sets, Costumes)
- THEA 189 Theatre Production Practicum
- THEA 207 Gender & Theatre (GA)
- THEA 208 Theatre in Diverse Cultures (GA)
- THEA 408 Play Analysis
- THEA 410 Theatre History
- THEA 429 Theatre Performance Practicum