Do you have a problem with alcohol and drugs?
- 5 Signs of Marijuana Addiction
- 10 Signs of Alcohol Abuse (DrugsandAlcoholAbuse.com)
- Binge Drinking
- Symptoms of a Drug Addiction
Strategies to increase safety when drinking alcohol
Top Five Safer Drinking Strategies Used by PSU Students
- Intentionally eat food or a meal before drinking
- Keep track of how many drinks you have had (for example-collect bottle caps).
- Set a personal limit of how many drinks you will have.
- Pace your drinking to no more than 1 drink per hour.
- Intentionally mix drinks with less alcohol than “normal.”
- Dauphin County Department of Drug & Alcohol Services (717) 635-2254 Harrisburg
- Pyramid Healthcare (Mazzitti and Sullivan) (717) 901-5652 Hershey, Harrisburg, Elizabethville, Middletown
- Genesis House, Harrisburg (717) 232-6981
- PA Counseling- Harrisburg (717) 671-9610
- Gaudenzia- Harrisburg Outpatient Services (717) 233-3424
- White Deer Run-Harrisburg Outpatient (717) 221-8712
- Naaman Center (Christian-based) 1-888-243-4316
- Compass Mark - Lancaster - Process Addictions: Gambling, Pornography and Internet
Call our Information & Referral Specialist at (717) 299-2831 for thoughtful, individualized attention.
More information on alcohol and other drugs
- Rethinking Drinking
- A Comprehensive Guide to Drugs on Campus
- SMART (Self-Management and Recovery Training)
- AA (Alcoholics Anonymous)
- College prevention drinking NIAAA (National Institute of Alcoholism and Alcohol Abuse)
- NIDA (National Institute of Drug Abuse)
- Moderate Drinking
- Drug FAQs
- Are you above the influence? Take this assessment to find out.
- Addiction Center
- Prescription Drug Abuse Statistics
- Popular Drug Slang Terms
- Dauphin County Hope
- Avoiding Drug and Alcohol Abuse
- The Facts
- Study: Marijuana use increases risk of academic problems
By David Schick, USE Today Collegiate Correspondent