Emergency Phone Numbers
Counseling staff work on an appointment basis, but in most instances can respond to a mental health emergency during hours of operation. If an urgent situation (e.g., suicidal thoughts, sexual assault) occurs during office hours, please contact our office and inform the staff assistant. We will make every effort to respond promptly.
CAPS hours of operation are M-F, 8 am to 5 pm.
Unfortunately, crisis situations do not always occur during typical work hours. Below are resources available any time of any day.
24/7/365 options for crisis situations include:
- Penn State Harrisburg Police and Safety Services — 717 979 7976
- Penn State Crisis Line
- Phone: 877 229 6400
- Text: Text "LIONS" to 741741
- Steve Fund (BIPOC specific)
- Text STEVE to 741741
- Crisis Text Line (Latinx specific)
- Text AYUDA to 741741
- Asian LifeNet Hotline (AAPI specific)
- Call 1-877-990-8585 (Cantonese, Mandarin, Japanese, Korean, Fujianese offered)
- Trevor Project (LGBTQ specific)
- TrevorLifeline 1-866-488-7386
- TrevorText- Text START to 678-678
- International Help Center: Suicide Stop
Dauphin County Crisis Intervention — 717 232 7511
- YWCA/Rape Crisis & Domestic Violence Services — 717 238 7273
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline — 988
- Veterans’ Crisis Line — 800 273 TALK