The Capital Society consists of four membership circles - three lifetime and one annual circle:
The Platinum Circle reflects accumulated giving of $100,000 or more and is a lifetime membership.
The Gold Circle reflects accumulated giving of $50,000 to $99,999 and is a lifetime membership.
The Silver Circle reflects accumulated giving of $25,000 to $49,999 and is a lifetime membership.
The Bronze Circle reflects annual giving of $1,000 or more in the fiscal year and is an annual membership.
To qualify for one of the memberships in the Capital Society:
- All gifts must be designated for the benefit of Penn State Harrisburg. Gifts can be made to any entity at the college, including but not limited to the Harrisburg Future Fund (unrestricted), a specific program or department, a scholarship or award, an athletic team, and more.
- Gifts can be made in a variety of ways including cash, securities, real property, and gifts-in-kind.
- You can establish an irrevocable commitment through planned giving to become a member of the Capital Society. Examples of planned gifts include: charitable remainder trusts, charitable gift annuities, pooled income funds, remainder interests in home or farm, and more.
- Gifts of life insurance can be made if the cash surrender value of the policy, premium payments made, or a combination thereof.
- Testamentary pledge commitments through a contract to make a will or an estate note provided that certain age requirements are fulfilled. These requirements are dictated by University and Campaign accounting guidelines.
- Combined personal/spousal and matching corporate giving totals.
To inquire about becoming a member of The Capital Society or to check the status of your membership, please call (717) 948-6316 to speak with Marissa Hoover, Director of Development and Alumni Relations, or Abby Beswick, Associate Director of Development.