The following competencies and degree learning goals have been adopted by the Master of Science in Information Systems faculty. MSIS Graduates should have competence both in information technology and in management and business concepts. Specifically, the program learning objectives are:
- Graduates should apply analytical thinking skills and demonstrate knowledge of state-of-the-art applications gained through applied activities.
- Graduates should be able to demonstrate effective written communications skills.
- Graduates should be able to construct an intra- and inter-organizational information flow diagram.
- Graduates should be able to conduct an ethical analysis of issues involved in the development and use of current and emerging information systems.
- Graduates should be able to develop a scholarly or applied product that expands the frontiers of knowledge in information systems.