The mission of the Penn State Harrisburg Teacher Education Programs is to facilitate the development of professional educators who transform lives and communities through inspired and innovative teaching, learning, and scholarship while promoting equitable opportunities for all learners.
The Teacher Education Programs are dedicated to cultivating a shared responsibility for the social and educational experiences of all learners. We aim to fulfill this vision by:
- Advancing a view of education and society that embraces equity, democracy, rights, and justice
- Promoting a global perspectives of education
- Cultivating critical, creative, and reflective thinking
- Pursuing rigorous scholarly activities
- Grounding curriculum in national and state-level standards and competencies
- Extending one’s knowledge of curricular and pedagogical competencies
- Partnering with schools to provide dynamic, high quality clinical experiences
- Inspiring culturally responsive pedagogy and intersectional practices
- Fostering a knowledge of the role and importance of advocating for all learners
- Modeling effective use of new technologies
- Instilling a proactive commitment to professional growth and leadership
- Encouraging commitment to community and family involvement
This program is recognized by the Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE) and the National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education.