Note: In addition to the general prerequisites for admission to the Graduate School, the following is required by this degree program:
|GPA||Students must have a cumulative grade-point average of 3.0 or above (on a 4.0 scale) in the last 60 credits of course work. The undergraduate work must include a statistics course and a psychology research methods course with grades of B or higher.|
|Education||The applicant must have completed at least 18 credits in psychology as part of their four-year Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.|
Early application is encouraged, especially for anyone who is hoping to be considered for merit-based awards. Decisions are made on a rolling basis beginning in January. Only completed applications received by April 30th will be considered for the subsequent fall semester.
- Submit completed application + application fee*, including all components listed below, through the application portal. Please note – your application will not be reviewed by the program faculty until it is complete, including your letters of recommendation!
- The Professor in Charge will review your application to verify you have met the minimum application requirements. They will then determine, based on the strength of your application, whether you will be interviewed.
- A core faculty member will interview selected applicants via Zoom. Interviews typically last 20-30 minutes; applicants should come prepared with any questions they might have. If the interviewing faculty member feels more information is needed after an interview, or believes a specific faculty may want to discuss the program further with an applicant (e.g., an applicant with an addictions focus may benefit from a second interview with a faculty member in that research area), a second interview may be required. Request for a second interview does not automatically indicate that the first interview was subpar.
- Interviewing faculty member(s) will share their impressions with the Professor in Charge, who will make a final decision in admittance.
- Given the rolling admissions nature of our application process, applicants who have been offered acceptance must decide about their standing in the program within two weeks of their offer. The Professor in Charge may allow extensions on a case-by-case basis.
*Military vets, reservists, and active duty service members can apply with a discounted application fee of $40! Please see the graduate school webpage for additional notes on application fees