MIDDLETOWN, Pa. – As Penn State Harrisburg resumes instruction this fall in a mix of in-person, hybrid and remote instruction, students, faculty and staff at Penn State Harrisburg are reminded to take advantage of resources and review critical information. The campus community can expect a number of changes as they return to campus designed to support the health, safety and well-being of students, faculty and staff. The links below provide important information about masking and distancing expectations for everyone at Penn State Harrisburg; links to academic support resources for instructors and students; and personal care and advocacy resources.
These resources include:
- Coronavirus and Return to Campus Information: This site provides access to the most up-to-date information on Penn State's response to the coronavirus, as well as related campus-specific information, including environmental health and safety plans, classroom policies for fall 2020, pre-arrival testing for students, important contact information, accessing campus information for faculty and staff, and information on meetings and gatherings.
- KeepLearning.psu.edu: This website for students offers support for remote learning, resources for academic advising and tutoring, and contact information.
- KeepTeaching.psu.edu: A website for course instructors with information on effective teaching, technology training, webinars and support as they update and teach their courses for the upcoming semester. The site also features a newly created guide for instructors specifically designed for preparing and teaching this fall.
- Student Handbook: A new student handbook compiles everything students need for the upcoming semester, including a pre-arrival checklist, moving in safely, health and safety information and other resources.
- VirusInfo.psu.edu: Penn State’s main website with links to the latest news and answers to frequently asked questions about the University’s response to the coronavirus pandemic. The site’s resources page also contains links to dedicated resources for students and employees; information on testing, contact tracing and monitoring for the campus community; classroom and office guidance; and policies on masking and social distancing.
- Penn State COVID-19 Compact: Before returning to campus, students are asked to verify that they understand the behavioral requirements and guidelines, via LionPath.
In addition to these resources, Penn State Harrisburg will continue to inform the college community of updates and changes via email and at harrisburg.psu.edu, as well as the Penn State Harrisburg headlines newsletter. Sign up online to receive the newsletter.
To keep all Penn State Harrisburg students, faculty and staff informed of campus closures or emergencies, they are automatically signed up to receive PSUAlert email alerts via their Penn State email address. Users with a Penn State access account are asked to update their contact settings in PSUAlert with their preferred email addresses and cell phone numbers. Users are encouraged to opt-in to text message alerts for easy access to alert messages.