Program Mission Statement
The mission of the Electrical Engineering Technology Program is to build a leading program of exceptional teaching, innovative research, and dedicated service by maintaining a strong curriculum, highly qualified and committed faculty, outstanding facilities, and the essential funding required to meet program needs.
Program Goals, Objectives, and Outcomes
For our EET Graduates: Penn State Goals and ABET Objectives
The Electrical Engineering Technology Program is preparing graduates for careers as technical professionals where they will be able to:
- Secure and maintain employment in EET and appropriate EE positions industry-wide
- Function effectively in the workplace through communication and project management skills, professional behavior, ethical conduct, and teamwork.
- Solve technical problems through command of fundamental principles and application of new technologies,
- Practice lifelong learning to achieve technical, market, and societal awareness.
For our EET Students: Penn State Objectives and ABET Student Outcomes
Students in Electrical Engineering Technology at Penn State Harrisburg will demonstrate:
- An ability to apply knowledge, techniques, skills, and modern tools of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to solve broadly defined engineering problems appropriate to the discipline. (Satisfies objectives 1 and 3)
- An ability to design systems, components, or processes meeting specific needs for broadly defined engineering problems appropriate to the discipline. (Satisfies objectives 1, 3, and 4)
- An ability to apply written, oral, and graphical communication in broadly defined technical and non-technical environments; an ability to identify and use appropriate technical literature. (Satisfies objectives 1, 2, and 4)
- An ability to conduct standard tests, measurements, and experiments and to analyze and interpret the results to improve processes. (Satisfies objectives 1 and 2)
- An ability to function effectively as a member as well a leader on technical teams. (Satisfies objectives 1, 2, and 4)