Program Goals, Objectives, and Outcomes
Students in the undergraduate Teacher Education Program are expected to meet each of the competencies in the areas of
- Child Development, Cognition, and Learning
- Subject Matter Content and Pedagogy
- Family and Community Collaboration Partnerships
- Accommodations and Adaptations for Students with Disabilities in Inclusive Settings, and
- Accommodations and Adaptations for English Language Learners.
In addition, all students are required to complete plan of study courses with a grade of “C” or better, maintain a 3.0 GPA or higher, and to maintain clearances without infraction as required by the state of Pennsylvania. A failure to meet any of these expectations may result in removal from the program. Please see the current Elementary Education Handbook posted in Canvas.