Human Development and Family Studies students are required to gain experience through an internship with an agency matching their interests and goals. The internship experience involves a three course sequence of which 6-8 credits must be earned in an agency. Additional information on internship planning and opportunities is available from the program office.
- The HDFS program strongly focuses on student preparation for internship.
- Generally start preparing students in the first semester of Junior year.
- The program stresses the internship as an extension of their coursework.
- Students encouraged to strategically select their internship to suit their professional and/or graduate school goals.
- Milton Hershey School
- Diakon Lutheran Services
- Mazzetti and Sullivan Counseling Services
- Whitaker Center
- Various child care centers
- Select Medical
- Capital Blue Cross
- Victim Services of Cumberland County
Boys and Girls Club of Harrisburg
The PROGRAM: It’s About Change
PA DPW Bureau of Human Service Licensing
Office of Child Development and Early Learning
United Methodist Home for Children
Capital Blue Cross