Capstone Design Conference
Each year Penn State Harrisburg’s School of Science, Engineering, and Technology students culminate their undergraduate studies with a Capstone Design Project. The senior projects for Penn State Harrisburg engineering students are a long-standing tradition, where they are given opportunity to combine classroom learning with real-life applications, as well as collaborate with industry sponsors.
More than 50 projects in various disciplines are on display at this annual conference. In addition to project presentations, students also exhibit and demonstrate the projects to all guests attending the event. Guests include student colleagues, faculty/staff members, industry, advisory board members, sponsors, family, and friends. Local high schools are also invited to attend this event to see first-hand what a career in a STEM-related field might look like and have the opportunity to speak directly to our graduating seniors to learn more about individual programs within STEM.
The Capstone Design Conference is supported in perpetuity by an endowment created by TE Connectivity.
2017 Conference - May 5
Schedule and Project List
Fives Landis Corp.
Friends Of Penn State Harrisburg
- ASCE Student Club
- ASME Student Chapter
- Betts Industries
- Coppermine Field House
- Dr. Richard Ciocci
- I.K. Stoltzfus Service Corporation
- Penn State Harrisburg - Physical Plant and Maintenance Operations
- Penn State Hershey Medical Center
- Mr. Dan Massey
- Mr. Kent Replogle
- Plouse Precision
- Providence Engineering, Inc.
- SAE Student Club
- Volt Vision, Inc.
- Woodland Percussion
Conference News Archive
- Capstone projects keep it real 
- Student innovation and creativity put on display at annual Capstone Design Conference 
- Innovation and entrepreneurship shine at Penn State Harrisburg Capstone Design Conference 
- Engineering students present innovative capstone design projects 
- Technology of the future on display as engineering students present capstone design projects 
- Engineering students discuss the importance of their field at capstone conference 
- Engineering students design innovative projects 
- Capstone projects help build bridge to careers [Currents, Fall 2012]
- Senior projects today, safer living tomorrow: Engineering students present capstone designs