MIDDLETOWN, Pa. – The Office of Research and Outreach at Penn State Harrisburg will hold Faculty Research Day from 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 8. via Zoom. The event will showcase research being done at Penn State Harrisburg.
Ann M. Schlenker, director of the Center for Transportation Research at Argonne National Laboratory, will deliver the keynote address from 1 to 1:30 p.m.
The event will open with remarks from Chancellor John M. Mason Jr., Paul Hallacher, acting associate dean for research, will provide closing remarks.
There will be discussion panels in the following research areas:
- Health Sciences (8:30 to 10 a.m.) – moderated by Mark Kiselica, director, School of Behavioral Sciences and Education.
- Weston Kensinger, associate teaching professor of health education – Drug and Alcohol Prevention
- David Williamson, assistant professor of kinesiology – Genetics and Diabetes
- Sungwooog Choi, assistant professor of health administration – Health Policy Impacts
- Candace Hogue, assistant professor of kinesiology – Exercise and Medicine
- Gina Brelsford, professor of psychology – Spirituality and Health
- Tyler Richardson, assistant professor of kinesiology -- Clinical Biometrics
Sairam V. Rudrabhatla, associate professor of biology – Nutraceuticals Engineering and Industry (10:30 a.m. to noon) – moderated by Omid Ansary, senior associate dean for Academic Affairs and Administration.
- Abu Asaduzzaman, assistant professor of chemistry – Ionic Transport in Solid C60
- Dariush Khezrimotlagh, assistant professor of mathematics – Industrial Control Systems
- Grady Mathews, assistant professor of civil engineering – Municipal Waste Recycling
- Darrell Bartholomew, assistant professor of marketing – Sales and Marketing
- Aldo Morales, professor of electrical engineering – Optoelectronic Signal Integrity
- Issam Abu-Mahfouz, associate professor of mechanical engineering – Machine Design and Manufacturing
Anilchandra Attaluri, assistant professor of mechanical engineering – Medical Devices
Ola Rashwan, assistant professor of mechanical engineering – Additive Manufacturing State and Local Policy (1:30 to 3 p.m.) – moderated by Marvin Overby, director, School of Public Affairs.
Javad Khazaei, assistant professor of electrical engineering – Renewable Energy and Smart Grid
- Shirley Clark, professor of environmental engineering – Water
- William Driscoll, assistant professor of biology – Environmental Biology
- Rhoda Joseph, associate professor of information systems – Mobile IT and Public Performance
- Nakho Kim, assistant professor of communications – Media and Government
- Goktug Morcol, professor of public policy and administration – Pennsylvania COVID-19 Economic Recovery
- Jonathan Lee, associate professor of criminal justice – Pretrial Risk Assessment
- Daniel Mallinson, assistant professor of public policy and administration – Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative Research, Education, and the Arts (3:30 to 4:15 p.m.) – moderated by Jeffrey Beck, director, School of Humanities.
- Tyler Love, assistant professor of elementary/middle grades STEM education – STEM/STEAM
- Anthony Buccitelli, associate professor of American studies and communication – Folklore
- Craig Welsh, associate professor of communications and humanities – Graphic Design and Human Engagement
- Research Partnership Development (4:15 to 5 p.m.) – moderated by Phillip Sirinides, director, Institute of State and Regional Affairs.
- Mike Lanagan, assistant director of the Penn State Strategic and Interdisciplinary Research Office
- Sophie Penney, director of the Penn State Office of Foundation Relations
- Stephanie Strayer, director of proposal development and award administration in the Penn State Harrisburg Office of Research and Outreach
For a complete schedule and to register for this event, click here. For more information and questions, contact Stephanie Strayer at [email protected].