Note: In addition to the general prerequisites for admission to the Graduate School, the following is required by this degree program:
A bachelor’s or equivalent degree from an accredited college is a prerequisite for admission. However, there is no standard prescribed undergraduate curriculum. This joint degree program requires that the student first be admitted to Dickinson Law. Subsequently, the student is recommended for and applies for admission to the Graduate School for the Penn State Public Administration program. Dickinson Law need not forward applications of all Dickinson Law students who have expressed interest in the MPA program and can withhold support until students have demonstrated proficiency in their legal studies and a capacity for dual degree study. Penn State Harrisburg will make independent admissions decisions as to all dual degree applicants.
Students are admitted to begin classes in the fall only.
The following are required of applicants:
- Complete law school application;
- Law School Admission Test (LSAT);
- LSDAS report;
- One-page personal statement;
- Employment record since high school;
- Two recommendations.
Penn State Harrisburg
- Completed online application (Penn State Harrisburg Graduate School and MPA supplemental), with the application fee;
- A statement of career and educational goals;
- A successful undergraduate record with a GPA of 3.0 (either as the cumulative GPA or for the last 60 hours of relevant course work);
- Satisfactory scores on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE), Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT), or Law School Admission Test (LSAT) if GPA is less than 3.0;
- Three names of references willing to provide recommendations.
- Current resume
All students admitted to the MPA program must show prerequisite course work in statistics and statistical software with a satisfactory grade of C or better. Students without prior course work in statistics must fulfill this prerequisite within two semesters of admission. These credits earned do not count toward the M.P.A. degree.