The Certificate Program in Non-profit Administration is offered by the Master of Public Administration Program at Penn State Harrisburg, which was recently ranked 57th in U.S. News & World Report's rating of over 240 graduate schools of public affairs throughout the country. In addition, the MPA program was rated 24th in Public Budgeting and Financial Management.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of nonprofit organization evolution, current operation, and future direction.
- Gain a better appreciation of how population dynamics, finance, taxation, and competition affect the future of your organization.
- Prepare for leadership positions.
- Learn how you can more effectively influence power and decision-making in your organization.
- Increase management skills in planning and personnel management.
- Acquire a thorough working knowledge of financing strategies and practices that can improve your organization’s resources.
The purpose of the certificate is to provide comprehensive knowledge of the dynamics of conceptualizing, managing, and leading the nonprofit sector. Students who complete this course of study should be ready to accept positions in the full range of nonprofit endeavors in health care, education, voluntary services, and associations. The program is designed for professionals with three years' work experience who want to expand their knowledge and skills in leadership and management. The certificate program consists of four graduate courses (12 credits). All courses are at the 500 level, and all courses have been approved by the School of Public Affairs and the Penn State Graduate School.