E-mail: [email protected]
Olmsted Bldg. E131
Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
The International Students Office at Penn State Harrisburg is dedicated to meeting the unique needs of students from other countries and cultures, fostering diversity, and promoting the open-mindedness of all.
In addition to supporting international students, the office strives to internationalize the Harrisburg campus itself, cultivating intercultural dialogue, sensitivity, and competence. Our goal -- to create a vibrant academic community where everyone can draw upon a sense of belonging in the pursuit of excellence.
Our office of student affairs professionals, composed of global travelers and intercultural experts, is dedicated to facilitating the personal discoveries and cultural explorations of students.
Our office meets the needs of international students including:
- the need for a rich social life to balance academic rigor
- the need to express stories and experiences from “home”
- the need to be appreciated for the cultures students identify with and represent
- the need to explore American/Pennsylvanian societies and cultures
Our office empowers students, reducing anxieties associated with:
- maintaining immigration status
- managing bureaucratic responsibilities
- adjusting to teaching and learning in the US
- seeking academic success
- the effects of homesickness and “culture shock”
All programming and services provided through the International Students Office seek to reimagine community. Once on campus, students are welcomed into a large and ever expanding ‘global village’, comprised of international students from over 50 countries. By interweaving global and local perspectives, and by internationalizing the experiences of everyone, we not only expand how students, staff, and faculty approach cultural differences, but deepen our commitments to one another as well.
International Students Photos