The number of openings in the integrated B.A./M.A. program is limited. Admission will be selective based on specific criteria and the unqualified recommendation of faculty. Applicants to the integrated program:
- Must be enrolled in the American Studies B.A. program and meet the admission requirements of the American Studies M.A. program.
- Must apply and be admitted to the Graduate School.
- Shall be admitted no earlier than the beginning of the third semester of undergraduate study at Penn State (regardless of transfer or AP credits accumulated prior to enrollment) and no later than the end of the second week of the semester preceding the semester of expected conferral of the undergraduate degree, as specified in the proposed IUG plan of study.
- Must have completed at least one 400-level American Studies course (AM ST prefix) with a grade of A.
- Must submit transcript(s) of previous undergraduate work, recommendations from two faculty members, writing sample, and statement of goals.
- Must have an overall GPA at or above 3.3 (on a 4.0 scale) in undergraduate coursework and a GPA at or above 3.5 in all coursework completed for the American Studies major.
- Must present a plan of study approved by the student’s adviser in the application process.