- Penn State Harrisburg, in conjunction with the National Science Foundation (NSF) has created a Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) scholarship program to increase recruitment and retention of students interested in STEM fields.
- Scholarships are competitive and approximately 10 awards will be made each year.
- Preference will be given to diverse, academically talented students with demonstrated financial need.
- The program includes a yearly scholarship in the amount of $8,000 and may be combined with other scholarships for which the student is eligible.
- The scholarship is contingent upon continued enrollment as a full-time undergraduate student enrolled in any of the STEM programs at Penn State Harrisburg.
- The program requires involvement in various support service programs as well as participation in internships and undergraduate research opportunities with STEM faculty.
- Scholarships are renewable as long as academic excellence and program participation requirements are met.
Apply for the NSF STEM Scholarship Now
For more information, contact any of the persons below:
- Ms. Lauren Dinse, [email protected], Financial Aid Office
- Dr. Sedig Agili, [email protected], Project Director
- Mr. Rob Coffman, [email protected], Admissions Office
- Dr. Aldo Morales, [email protected], Project Co-Principal Investigator
Students are eligible to apply for a Penn State Harrisburg NSF S-STEM Scholarship if they:
- are United States citizens or eligible non-citizens;
- have completed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the upcoming academic year by March 1. The FAFSA can be completed at fafsa.gov using the school code 003329.
- have been offered admission to Penn State Harrisburg and;
- have indicated an intention to major in a STEM field on their Penn State application.
This material is based upon work supported by the National Science Foundation under Grant No. 2130381.