Penn State Harrisburg students have a passion for giving back to the community. While organizations and clubs are required to complete at least a couple of community service projects a semester, students go above and beyond that requirement, giving their time to senior citizens, elementary and secondary school students, children suffering from cancer, shelters, soup kitchens, hospitals, and much more.
Hosted by the Penn State Harrisburg Office of Alumni Relations, the professional development series acts as an outreach and networking opportunity for alumni to connect with current students. Through mentorship, alumni from various industries are helping students get ready for the workforce, get hired, and advance in their careers.
A supply chain management platform developed by five Penn State students could one day play a key role in fighting worldwide hunger. The five students include Howie Andersen, Alex Bouril, and Michael Li of Penn State Harrisburg, as well as former Penn State Harrisburg students Brandon Daubenspeck and Pranav Jain, now at Penn State’s University Park campus. .
On the ground level of a one million square-foot mixed-used facility in the heart of Pennsylvania’s capital city, over 50 local artists, craftsmen, and vendors set up shop for the popular HBG Flea, a curated pop-up market founded by Mary Imgrund (’15) and Meghan Jones (’16), graduates of the English program at Penn State Harrisburg.
If you have been at any of Penn State Harrisburg’s formal ceremonies in the last two decades, such as commencement and convocation, you have heard a familiar rich tenor singing the National Anthem and the University’s alma mater. Christyan Seay, a 1987 graduate of Penn State Harrisburg’s business administration/management program, has been performing at the college’s ceremonies since his own commencement ceremony.
- Chancellor Kulkarni to retire in 2018
- Chancellor’s Award to benefit highly qualified graduate students
- Integrated program leads to bachelor’s and MBA in five years
- Harrisburg offers new master’s degrees in civil and mechanical engineering
- Athletics Highlights
- In memoriam
- Harrisburg chancellor highlights campus growth, educational leadership
- Heard on Campus: Mathematician John Urschel
- Penn State Harrisburg celebrates alumni achievement
- Alumni Society awarded for “We Are Weekend” event
- This year’s Alumni Achievement Award was designed by Sharon Siegfried