Program Learning Goals and Objectives
Goal 1: Be Effective Communicators
- Objective 1.1: Formulate thoughts and ideas in a way that can be clearly understood by a target audience
- Objective 1.2: Convey ideas in a clear, coherent manner in verbal and written communication
Goal 2: Be Ethically and Socially Responsible
- Objective 2.1: Be competent in social and ethical decision making
- Objective 2.2:Recognize and critically assess her/his actions and those of others within the context of business decision making
Goal 3: Be Critical Thinkers
- Objective 3.1:Structure and synthesize ambiguous information, ana-lyze and interpret information, and be able to transfer these skills across different settings
Goal 4: Have the Ability to Integrate across Business Disciplines
- Objective 4.1:Effectively evaluate the impact and implications of relevant business functions and develop an integrative, interdisciplinary appreciation of business situations, problems, and solutions
Goal 5: Demonstrate Competence in the Finance Discipline
- Objective 5.1: Demonstrate knowledge of the time value of money, stock and bond valuation.
- Objective 5.2: Demonstrate knowledge of how firms budget capital, how firms raise capital, and the cost of capital.
- Objective 5.3: Demonstrate knowledge of the relationship between risk and re-turn, portfolio theory, and investment analysis.
- Objective 5.4: Demonstrate knowledge of market efficiency.
- Objective 5.5: Demonstrate an understanding of the nature of demand and supply, how equilibrium arises, equilibrium price and quantity, and how competitive and imperfectly competitive markets work.