Any student may take Military Science classes, but in order to contract into Army ROTC, a student must be:
- Enrolled full-time, working toward a bachelor’s or graduate degree
- Reasonably physically fit and medically qualified
- A U.S. citizen
- Under age 30 at graduation
Although the program is designed to start with new first-year students each fall, it is possible to enter the program as late as fall of the junior year. Students with prior military service or those who complete a 28-day summer training camp at Fort Knox, Kentucky, may bypass the basic course-level training.
Cadets are expected to complete the following during the program:
- Approximately five hours per week of training during the first and second years
- About 10 hours per week of training for juniors and seniors
- A 29-day summer training course between the junior and senior years
If you think you have what it takes and the desire to be a leader in the U.S. Army, take the first step by signing-up for Military Science class and contacting the Military Science coordinator.