MIDDLETOWN, Pa. — Penn State Harrisburg’s School of Science, Engineering, and Technology (SSET) will hold its annual Capstone Design Conference from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, April 22 at various locations on campus. Parts of the conference will also be available virtually.
For more information, visit the conference webpage.
Each year, SSET students culminate their undergraduate studies with a Capstone Design Project. These senior projects for engineering and computer science students are a long-standing tradition, where students are given the opportunity to combine classroom learning with real-life applications, as well as collaborate with industry sponsors.
More than 50 projects in various disciplines are on display at this annual conference. In addition to project presentations, students also exhibit and demonstrate the projects. The Capstone Design Conference is supported in perpetuity by an endowment created by TE Connectivity.
Scott Kupper, founder and president of Kupper Engineering LLC, will serve as the keynote speaker.
Schedule of events
8 a.m. — Registration and Breakfast (Atrium, Olmsted Building)
8:30 a.m. — Student Presentations and Moderators (Olmsted Building)
- Civil, Construction, and Environmental Engineering
- Shashi Marikunte — C213 Olmsted Building
- Grady Mathews IV C211 Olmsted Building
- Computer Science and Mathematics
- Hyuntae Na – C212 Olmsted Building
- Truong Tran – E209 Olmsted Building
- Hien Nguyen – E212 Olmsted Building
- Electrical Engineering
- Kiana Karami – E218 Olmsted Building
- Xinwei Niu – E219 Olmsted Building
- Md Habib Ullah – E240 Olmsted Building
- Mechanical Engineering
- Rick Ciocci – E243 Olmsted Building
- Brian Maicke – E244 Olmsted Building
- Armit Banerjee – E254 Olmsted Building
- Zhezhen Fu – E257 Olmsted Building
11:15 a.m. — Welcome (210-Events Room, Capital Union Building) — Vahid Motevalli, director, School of Science, Engineering, and Technology
- Keynote Speaker: Scott Kupper, president, Kupper Engineering LLC
- Zoom link — Webinar ID: 995 0395 3505; Passcode: 100524
Noon — Lunch (210-Events Room, Capital Union Building)
- 1 p.m. — Student Project Exhibition and Demonstrations (Educational Activities Building - EAB and Engineering Technology Lab)
- 4 p.m. — Awards Ceremony (210-Events Room, Capital Union Building) Shashi Marikunte
- Zoom link — Webinar ID: 998 4698 8920; Passcode: 092648
4:30 p.m. — Order of the Engineer Ring Ceremony (210-Events Room, Capital Union Building)