MIDDLETOWN, Pa. — Penn State Harrisburg’s School of Science, Engineering and Technology (SSET) will hold its annual Capstone Design Conference from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, April 23 at various locations on campus. Parts of the conference will also be available virtually.
For more information, visit the conference webpage.
Each year, SSET students culminate their undergraduate studies with a Capstone Design Project. These senior projects for engineering and computer science students are a long-standing tradition, where they are given opportunity to combine classroom learning with real-life applications, as well as collaborate with industry sponsors.
More than 50 projects in various disciplines are on display at this annual conference. In addition to project presentations, students also exhibit and demonstrate the projects. The Capstone Design Conference is supported in perpetuity by an endowment created by TE Connectivity.
Jay Badame, president and COO of AECOM Construction Management will serve as the keynote speaker.
The schedule of events is as follows:
- 8 a.m.: Breakfast (Atrium, Olmsted Building)
- 8:30 a.m.: Moderators of student presentations (Olmsted Building)
Civil engineering/structural design and construction engineering technology
Sashi Marikunte – C213 Olmsted Building
Grady Mathews IV – C211 Olmsted Building
Hyuntae Na – E209 Olmsted Building
Hien Nguyen – E219 Olmsted Building
Electrical engineering and electrical engineering technology
Rafic Bachnak – C212 Olmsted Building
Kiana Karami – E212 Olmsted Building
Seth Wolpert – E218 Olmsted Building
Mechanical engineering and mechanical engineering technology
Ma’Moun Abu-Ayyad – E257 Olmsted Building
Anilchandra Attaluri – E240 Olmsted Building
Esfakur Rahman – E254 Olmsted Building
Hessam Taherian – E244 Olmsted Building
Fariborz Tavangarian – E243 Olmsted Building
- 11:45 a.m.: Welcome (Mukund S. Kulkarni Theatre, Student Enrichment Center)
Vahid Motevalli, director, School of Science, Engineering, and Technology
Omid Ansary, senior associate dean for academic affairs and administration
- Keynote speaker: (Mukund S. Kulkarni Theatre, Student Enrichment Center)
Jay Badame, president & COO, AECOM
Webinar ID: 990 4032 8859 • Passcode: 085244
- 12:30 p.m.: Lunch (Student Enrichment Center)
- 1:15 p.m.: Student Project Exhibition and Demonstrations (EAB & Engineering Technology Lab)
- 3 p.m.: Awards ceremony (Mukund S. Kulkarni Theatre, Student Enrichment Center) psu.zoom.us/j/98723784898?pwd=SmZ5TTRtMWlCbmhxTUlNOEZUTDdRZz09, Webinar ID: 987 2378 9923 • Passcode: 965959