MIDDLETOWN, Pa. — Six Penn State Harrisburg students received University Libraries research awards and two received research award honorable mentions as part of the recent Penn State Harrisburg Library virtual Research Poster Exhibition. Fifteen students participated in the event.
Students presented their posters via VoiceThread — a collaborative, multimedia slide show that holds images, documents and videos and allows people to navigate slides and leave comments — and answered questions about their research. The poster presentations and question-and-answer sessions were evaluated by a panel of librarians. Students receiving Research Awards were recognized for their outstanding research and their ability to contextualize their research within the frames of the scholarly conversation and information privilege and accessibility.
Winners received $75 for excellence in information literacy. Honorable mentions received a certificate of recognition.
- Aleksandra Dimova, environmental engineering
- Samantha Nelson, community psychology and social change
- Minglei Zhang, communications
Graduate honorable mention
- Taylor Aves, applied behavioral analysis
- Brieanna Carr, junior, human development and family studies
- Nicole Lookfong, junior, genetics and developmental biology
- Arisha Tariq, sophomore, biology and Sibgha Amin, senior, biology – genetics and developmental biology
Undergraduate honorable mention
- Logan Vogelsong, sophomore, chemical engineering