Learn about the broad entrepreneurial ecosystem and how law and health care are closely intertwined within the commercialization of new technologies during the next Innovation Forum and Café from 2 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, April 17, at Penn State’s Dickinson Law, Lewis Katz Hall, Carlisle.
In conjunction with the Center for Medical Innovation at Penn State College of Medicine, Dickinson Law will host a series of three one-hour forums featuring regional entrepreneurs, lawyers and physicians as panelists. Forum topics and panelists include:
2 to 3 p.m. — Lawyer Entrepreneurs: law professionals who have started their own business
- Robert Grossberg, co-founder and CEO, TreSensa
- Mark Landren, 1992 Dickinson Law graduate and CEO of The Nexxus Group
- Greg Sutliff, 1959 Dickinson Law graduate and chairman of Sutliff Chevrolet
- Paige Wingert, 1992 Dickinson law graduate and co-founder, president and CEO of Legacy Athletic
3:15 to 4:15 p.m. — Institutions Promoting Innovation: state, regional, or educational institutions and companies working to foster and promote innovation
- Solange Israel-Mintz, Langan LaunchBox, Penn State Berks
- Christopher Saridakas, founding partner, Great Barn Ventures; senior adviser, TreSensa
- Diane Sterthous, venture capital adviser, Pennsylvania State Department of Community and Economic Development
4:30 to 5:30 p.m. — Lawyers as Partners in Healthcare Innovation: How health professionals partner with lawyers to advance medical innovations
- Ilona Cohen, chief legal officer, Aledade; former general counsel, White House Office of Management & Budget
- Jim Gould, counsel, RatnerPrestia, former legal director, Merck & Co.
- Randy Haluck, medical doctor, professor of surgery, Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center; vice chair for Innovation and Technology, Penn State College of Medicine
An open networking session will follow the forums from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. in Ridge Commons. Attendees will have an opportunity to meet and engage with the panelists, along with faculty, staff and students who are committed to expanding the entrepreneurial ecosystem in central Pennsylvania.
This event is free to attend. Online registration is required. While attendees are encouraged to attend all forums, attendance is not required to attend the networking session.
Complimentary round-trip bus transportation is available from Penn State College of Medicine and Penn State Harrisburg campuses. Please select your preference when registering.