In the past 24 hours, Middletown Police received a report of a suspicious van seen around the 600 block of Spring Street in Middletown. The van was driving slowly in the area and stopped near a male and female. A male exited the vehicle and approached the two people, who then fled. The male from the van was described to be dressed in all black clothing: hat, shirt, jacket, pants, and gloves.
University Police are reminding everyone of the following safety tips:
- Remain attentive when walking on and off campus and always be familiar with your surroundings.
- Do not open your apartment or residence door to strangers. If someone knocks on your apartment and/or residence door, ask them to identify themselves, look thru a “peep hole” if available, or speak to them with the door closed in an effort to determine their identity before opening the door.
- If you feel you are being followed, cross the street, yell, run and look for a well-lit area or occupied building.
- Trust your instincts. If you feel unsafe, get to a safe place and call for help.
- Use the buddy system and watch out for each other.
- Report all suspicious persons, vehicles, and activities to University Police immediately at 717-948-6232.