Questions: Answered!

You've been accepted to Penn State Harrisburg! Congratulations! But now what?

You probably have a lot of questions – about financial aid, housing, orientation, student services, and more – as you are making your college decision.

We have you covered! Explore the topics below to find answers for our most frequently asked questions.

If you are an incoming first-year or transfer student who is accepting your offer of admission through MyPennState, you can sign up for on-campus living as you go through that process.

  • Choose "Yes" when housing is offered, pay the $100 deposit, then agree to the Terms, Conditions, and Regulations of the Housing and Food Services (HFS) contract. Your space will be secured once you complete the offer acceptance process.
  • If you already accepted your offer of admission and did not choose "Yes" for on-campus housing, but you have now decided you would like to live on campus, log into, and select "Request Housing" under Contracts.
    • If an on-campus housing spot is available, pay the deposit and agree to the Terms, Conditions, and Regulations of the HFS contract. Your space will be secured once you complete the offer acceptance process.
    • If an on-campus spot is currently unavailable, you can add your name to our Waitlist. If/when space is available, you'll receive an HFS Contract offer via within 1-2 business days.
  • You may also explore our Off-Campus Housing Listings.
  • The Student Care and Advocacy Office can discuss additional housing options with you.

Securing your housing as soon as possible is strongly recommended. 

Visit LiveOn for more info on Housing and Food Services

  • The Admissions office maintains a list of Off-Campus Housing options that are close to the campus. 
  • Other options for area housing are listed on our Housing Virtual Bulletin Board.
  • Some of these options are exclusive for college students, but many also provide housing for local residents.   

If you have attempted the options above and you are still without housing, Student Care and Advocacy can also assist you with alternatives. Please complete this form and then schedule a meeting with any case manager to discuss your needs.  

Securing your housing as soon as possible is strongly recommended. 

If you have fully explored the on- and off-campus options above and you are still without housing, the office of Student Care and Advocacy can also assist you with alternatives.

Lease Terms and Recommendations

The following information is intended to assist you in determining what lease is right for you and also to make sure all important topics are covered within the lease. These recommendations should be used only as an aid and do not cover all topics that may arise when reviewing lease options.

Remember, a lease is a legally binding contract between the tenant and the landlord. Please review the Landlord and Tenant Act of 1951 (PDF) for a full list of your legal rights as a tenant.

Before you sign, know your rights! Knowledge is power – educate yourself!

Penn State's Off-Campus Student Support Office offers additional online materials for you to review prior to signing a lease.

Student Legal Services provides free lease review for any enrolled Penn State student.

Important items that should be reviewed prior to signing a leasing contract include:

Rent: The lease should clearly state how much the rent will be per month, as well as the due date. It should also clearly state what utilities, if any, are being covered by the landlord and also what utility expenses the tenant is obligated to fulfill.

Late Fees/Penalties: Be sure that the lease clearly states when the rent is actually considered past due and how late fees will be handled. Landlords may hold you accountable for a daily late fee that can add up over time. Also, be cautious when entering into a lease with another student/tenant. Be sure to ask the landlord what, if any, penalizations or late fees will be incurred should the other tenant not pay the amount they are responsible for.

Security Deposit: The lease should specifically state how much of a security deposit is required. This deposit is usually required by all landlords and held in escrow for the duration of your lease. At the end of your lease these funds are used for any necessary repairs or if there are no necessary repairs, the deposit may be refunded back to you. Be sure to take pictures of any already existing damage at the property prior to move-in. Please view this helpful Damage/Repair Checklist (PDF) in order to perform a thorough walk-through and review of the property. The landlord cannot hold you responsible for damages prior to your lease term.

Length of Lease: Leases vary in their lengths. Be sure to check if the lease is on a month-to-month basis or a ten or twelve month lease. The lease should also state the stipulations for early termination of the lease and also any repercussions associated with early termination.

Tenant/Landlord Responsibilities: The lease should clearly state the responsibilities of both the landlord and the tenant including: lawn upkeep, trash pickup, snow removal, etc.

Pets/Smoking: Specifications for both of these topics should be explained in the lease. Some landlords allow pets with a non-refundable security deposit and/or a monthly fee in addition to the monthly rent.

First year students: New Student Orientation (NSO) is a two-part program you must participate in before scheduling classes.

  • Register for an NSO here.
  • During the first part of your NSO, you will see our beautiful campus, learn about resources and opportunities available to you, connect with other new students, and more.
  • During the second part, you will meet with an academic adviser on Zoom to review your placements, explore your major’s Suggested Academic Plan, and schedule your classes.

Transfer students: NSO is optional for transfer students but strongly recommended.

  • Register for an NSO here.
  • During your virtual NSO, you will learn about resources and opportunities available to you, connect with other new transfer students, and more.
  • After you pay your enrollment deposit, you can schedule your classes in LionPATH.
  • If you’d like to meet with a faculty adviser to review your transfer credits or future classes, contact your academic program.

See the NSO site for more details

NSO is optional for transfer students but strongly recommended.

Register for an NSO session on the Penn State Student Orientation website.

After registering, be sure to check your Penn State email for your customized NSO Tasklist, which will list things that you must complete before your NSO, others that you will complete during your NSO, and even more that will be completed after your NSO.

Don't see your question covered in our list? No problem!

Let us know what you're looking for and we'll direct your question to the appropriate people.

Submit your question

The FAFSA is the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. Completing the FAFSA enables you to be considered for financial aid including Federal Direct Loans and Pell Grants. Penn State uses the FAFSA to determine aid offered by the university, such as grants and scholarships.

Penn State's FAFSA school code is 003329 (for all campuses).

Download the FAFSA Eligibility Guide to learn more

Note that the Department of Education is modifying the FAFSA process during this current application season. We recommend you closely monitor the Federal Student Aid website for updates.

Most of the questions on the FAFSA form want to know your situation as of the day you sign the application. However, there are some instances in which you’ll want to (or be required to) change the information you reported, including:

  • if you made a mistake
  • if you're missing a required signature
  • if you want to add or delete a school code

More info and correction timelines are available on the website

You will automatically be considered for Federal Direct Loans if you submit the FAFSA. The loans will be placed in "offer status" in your Financial Aid offer in LionPATH once awarding begins for the academic year.

Visit the Penn State Student Aid website for complete information on applying for Federal Direct Subsidized/Unsubsidized Loans

  • If you answer that you are interested in work-study on the FAFSA, you will be automatically considered for this award.
  • Work-study funds are limited and will be awarded based on the availability at the time the FAFSA is received.
  • Submitting the FAFSA before the University's recommended deadlines is the best way to ensure maximum aid consideration.

Visit the Penn State Student Aid website for more Work-Study information.

You must complete the FAFSA in order to be eligible for federal and/or University-funded grants.

  • Federal grants include the Pell and the Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG).
  • The University grant is the Penn State Tuition Assistance Grant (PSTAG).
  • Some federal funds are limited and will be awarded based on availability at the time the FAFSA is received. Submitting the FAFSA before the University's recommended deadlines is the best way to ensure maximum aid consideration.

See the Penn State Student Aid website for more information on grants.

Pennsylvania residents are considered for the Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency (PHEAA) Grant by submitting the FAFSA before the PHEAA deadline of May 1 and indicating that they are a Pennsylvania resident.

  • You must also complete the PA State Grant Form.
  • Only Pennsylvania residents will be eligible for a Pennsylvania State Grant consideration.
  • PHEAA reserves the right to request verification of residency from any student, if necessary to determine eligibility.
  • Non-Pennsylvania residents from certain states may receive state grants from their respective states.

Visit the PA State Grant Program website

Students who complete the FAFSA by the recommended filing date receive maximum consideration for all federal and institutional loans, scholarships, and grants. All incoming and current students with a 3.0 GPA or higher will automatically be considered for the majority of the scholarships, directly administered by Penn State Harrisburg's Office of Student Aid.

Outside scholarships are not posted by the financial aid office and will not show up in your financial aid package.

For questions regarding outside scholarships that have been sent to the campus, or to deposit an outside scholarship, please contact the Bursar's Office.

  • You may visit the Office of Student Aid website and submit a request for additional aid.  
  • This request is not a guarantee of additional aid and if any aid is awarded, it can be awarded at any time throughout the academic year.
  • Awards and scholarship offers may come from Penn State Harrisburg before you get your complete aid package from the University. Be sure you have reviewed your University package before requesting additional aid.

  • We highly encourage students to move forward with the current aid package received and plan to secure alternate funding if needed.
  • Parent Plus Loan: This is a loan taken out by a parent on behalf of the student. This loan is in the parents’ name. Penn State Student Aid maintains more information on Parent Plus Loans.
  • Private Alternative Loan: This loan can be applied for through a lender of your choice. This loan can be in the student's name, but students typically need a co-signer. See the Penn State Student Aid website for more information on Private Alternative Loans.
  • Outside Scholarships: You may be eligible for scholarships from businesses or organizations in your local community with which you have some affiliation. In most cases, the awarding agency is responsible for selecting the recipient and determining the value of the scholarship. Penn State Student Aid offers more information on outside scholarships.
  • If you are a veteran and are using a VA Educational Benefit to pay for tuition, you need to request certification by emailing our Campus Certifying Officials at [email protected].
    Be sure to include your 9-digit Student ID and information on the benefit you have received.
  • If you need to submit your Joint Service Transcript (JST), please see the information on Admissions' Credit for Military Experience website.

More information is available on our Veterans Services page.

  • After you have completed the steps to finalize your aid and semester classes begin, your financial aid will disburse into your account and be credited towards your tuition bill.
  • Pay special attention to your LionPATH account for any Holds and To-Do List items that could prevent the timely disbursement of your aid.  

More information on aid disbursement can be found on the Penn State Student Aid website.

  • Be sure that you have completed all the items listed on your LionPATH To-Do List.
  • This includes:
  • Certain types of aid will not be disbursed until these items are complete.
  • Open verifications will prevent all federal aid from being disbursed.
  • If you are planning to utilize any loans —private and/or federal— you will need to accept the loans.

You will need to open each To-Do List item, print, complete and upload all requested information. See the Penn State Student Aid website for more detailed instructions about verifications.

Documents should be directly uploaded:
Penn State Student Aid Document Upload utility


  • The disbursement of alternative loans will begin at the same time as Federal Direct Loans.
  • With alternative loans, there is a 10-day right of rescission period when disbursements are held for you to change your mind and cancel the loan.
  • Pay special attention to your loan disclosures to determine the actual disbursement date of your alternative loan funds.
  • Apply early to prevent any delays. We cannot move the disbursement date of your loan.

More on Private Alternative Loans disbursement timeline.

After all aid disburses and all holds and To-Do List items on LionPATH are satisfied and removed, if your student account has any overages, a refund will be generated.

Penn State recommends that students sign up for eRefund.

Living off campus and looking for a roommate? We provide some additional assistance to students, especially incoming first-year students, to help them connect with students like themselves who are in need of a roommate. This service is a courtesy to our students who live off campus and is voluntary.

Note that this service is only available to students who have been offered admission to Penn State Harrisburg and have paid their deposit.

Off-Campus Roommate Selection Service

Log in to your MyPennState account and follow the steps to accept your offer of admission!
Note: Your enrollment fee of $230 is non-refundable.

Next Steps:

  • Watch for an exclusive email invitation to join a private Facebook group specifically for Penn State Harrisburg Accepted Students - Class of 2028! Here, you can ask questions about our campus, housing, and student life, and keep up to date on deadlines and upcoming events. You can also chat with other future Penn Staters – create friendships, share photos, and find roommates! This is for students only.
  • Consider housing as soon as possible; to learn more, select Housing in the dropdown above.

  • Complete the FAFSA (Penn State's school code is 003329). Select Financial Aid above for more info.

New first-year students will register for classes as part of New Student Orientation (NSO). During the second part of your NSO, you will meet with an academic adviser on Zoom to review your placements, explore your major’s Suggested Academic Plan, and schedule your classes.  

Transfer students, you can schedule your classes in LionPATH after you pay your enrollment deposit. Note that NSO is optional for transfer students but strongly recommended.

  • The Bursar's Office is your on-campus source for information on tuition billing and collection, including electronic bills shown in LionPATH. 
  • Note that all notifications will be sent to your official Penn State email account when a Student Account Statement is available to view and/or pay on LionPATH.
  • Paper statements will not be mailed.
  • The Student Account Statement includes the amount due for courses enrolled, fees, as well as credits for anticipated aid (grants, accepted loans, or other financial assistance) that is available at the time the statement is prepared.
  • The LionPATH Support site has additional Student Billing FAQs. 
  • Students can grant access to individuals to view and pay the Student Account Statement, enroll in the Installment Payment Plan, and access IRS Form 1098-T.
  • Students add an "Authorized Payer" via LionPATH by going to the Finance tab and clicking on "Manage My Account/Make a Payment." After the student grants access, a user ID, temporary password and login link will be sent to the Authorized Payer.
  • For help with Authorized Payer Access, including resetting a password, refer to the tutorial linked from LionPATH Authorized Payer Access Access page.
  • For assistance please contact the Bursar's Office.
  • Billing begins in August for the fall semester, January for the spring semester, and May for the summer semester.
  • The  Board of Trustees approves tuition rates and mandatory fees for the academic year. For the tuition rates and mandatory fees approved for the current academic year please go to

More on Tuition Due Dates

The Student Account Statement can be paid by any of the following methods:

Additionally, you may pay in person at the Bursar's Office on campus. Walk-in payments may be made by cash, check, or money order; credit cards are not accepted in the office.

How much does it cost to attend Penn State Harrisburg?

Penn State Harrisburg Costs, 2024-25

Tuition and Fees, Full-Time Student, Annual
  PA Resident Non-PA Resident
Tuition $15,388 $26,374
Student Fee $584 $584
Total $15,972 $26,958
Tuition Plus Housing and Food, Annual
  PA Resident Non-PA Resident
Housing (rates for first year students in Capital Village) $10,692 $10,692
Meal Plan (level 2) $5418 $5418
Tuition and Fees $15,972 $26,958
Total $32,082 $43,068

Tuition, fees, housing, and food are billed by semester. Housing and food rates may vary depending on the type of room and meal plan chosen.

Tuition Per Credit Hour, Part-Time Student
  PA Resident Non-PA Resident
Lower Division $641 $1,099
Upper Division (Business, EMS, Science, IST, Engineering) $775 $1,259
Upper Division (All Other Programs) $696 $1,168

How much lower is Harrisburg's annual tuition versus tuition at University Park? (2024-2025)

  PA Resident Non-PA Resident
University Park $20,066 $41,012
Harrisburg $15,972 $26,958
Tuition Differential Savings $4,094 $14,054

Note: The tuition differential continues at the junior and senior-level for students who choose to complete their Penn State degree at Penn State Harrisburg.

We’re happy to help our students and their families explore their financial options when deciding how to fund college costs, whether it be through tuition savings plans, student employment, Penn State’s payment plan, student financial aid, personal savings, or a combination of these options.

Contact the Office of Student Aid to consult with a financial aid counselor:

Contact the Bursar's Office to speak with a representative about tuition billing and payment information:

Important Immunization Requirements for All Incoming Students

All incoming Penn State students must provide proof of the following immunizations:

  • 2 MMR (Measles, mumps and rubella)
    First dose given after your first birthday and the second at least one month after the first dose. 
  • If living in on-campus housing, 1 MCV4 (meningococcal conjugate vaccine: Menveo, Menactra, MenQuadfi) after your 19th birthday.

    Visit the University Health Services website for details on required immunizations and the submission process. 

To submit: log into myUHS using your Penn State access credentials, click on the Medical Clearances tab. Enter your vaccines and upload image files of your official immunization records and, if applicable, any positive antibody titer blood test results. 

Immunization requirements apply to all undergraduate and graduate students at University Park and Commonwealth Campuses excluding World Campus and Great Valley.

For more information on immunization compliance, please visit the University Health Services website

If you need immunizations after you've already arrived on campus, the necessary vaccines are offered at the CVS Pharmacy very close by Penn State Harrisburg.

    CVS Pharmacy
    1565 W Harrisburg Pike
    Middletown, PA 

Please take your insurance card with you.

Adequate health insurance provides students with security and an enhanced sense of well-being during their time at Penn State.

  • Penn State requires full-time U.S. students to submit their health insurance coverage information at the beginning of each academic year. If you do not have health insurance coverage, you will be able to note that on the form. 

  • International students and any accompanying dependents are required to submit proof of health insurance coverage that meets a set of requirements or purchase the Penn State Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP). More information about specific requirements for international students, enrollment deadlines, and instructions for how to submit proof of insurance can be accessed by visiting Student Health Insurance Information for International Students.

To complete this requirement, students should visit the LionPATH Health Insurance page after registering for classes to provide details about their current insurance policy and thereby waive the Penn State Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP). You will also have the option to enroll in (purchase) the Penn State SHIP at this time.

  • The SHIP bill will be combined with your tuition bill, if you choose to purchase it.
  • Students who do not currently have adequate coverage on or near the campus they attend, are strongly encouraged to enroll in the Penn State SHIP.
  • If you have questions, please feel free to reach out to the Student Health Insurance office at University Park.

Penn State SHIP

SHIP is designed specifically for students, by students, and offers comprehensive health insurance at a competitive price with a wide network of providers across the United States.

Penn State offers students, spouses and dependents the opportunity to purchase health insurance.

  • Be aware that the plan is not full-coverage insurance
  • There are specific limits to the policy regarding how you receive benefits and the amount of reimbursement. It is the responsibility of each insured to understand the policy

For more information, visit the Health Insurance page on the University Health Services website.

  • If you are requesting specific over-the-counter medications, such as Tylenol or Motrin (acetaminophen or ibuprofen), you will need to see the nurse or clinician-on-duty for these medications.
  • Please contact Student Health Services if you are unsure of whom to schedule an appointment with.
  • Student Health Services does not take health insurance. SHS will charge a small fee (currently $15) if you see a physician, which will be billed to your student account.

Services Offered on Campus

  • Sick Visits
    • Sore throat
    • Fever
    • Viral infection
    • Allergies
    • and more...
  • Physical Exams 
    • Wellness 
    • Internship(s)
    • Driver’s License (please bring your OWN glasses, if needed to see distances)
  • Injury Treatments (minor)
    • Burns 
    • Sprains/Strains
    • Orthopedics 
    • Ear flushes
    • more...
  • Testings
    • Rapid Strep A testing
    • Urinalysis testing 
    • Pregnancy Testing and basic counseling 
    • TB tests (PPD)
    • STD testing-free from Hamilton Health. See Sexual Health
  • Free flu vaccine (clinic offers during fall semester), free of charge, as available
  • Nurse 
    • Nutrition, 
    • Sexual Health 
    • Smoking Cessation 
    • More...
  • Birth Control 
  • Depo-Provera injections 
  • Screenings for Blood Pressure, weight, height, temperature, heart rate, and pulse oximetry available, free of charge (until there is a need for further evaluation) 
  • Lactation room available in office, or in the Library, please schedule in advance, if possible 
  • Wellness Programs/Events



a magnifier with Q and A letter

Want to learn more about CAPS? Check out our FAQs below, call, or stop by our office (717-948-6025, SEC suite 205). CAPS’ services are confidential and provided by mental health professionals. Student information is private and not accessible to those outside of CAPS except in rare circumstances. 

Most CAPS services are provided free of charge to students. 

Table of Contents

What services does CAPS offer?

Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) provides students with short-term mental health counseling confidential services in person or virtually, provided by mental health professionals. Some services include individual, group, or couples counseling, drug and alcohol assessment, consultation, coping skills, crisis counseling, referral to our telepsychiatry provider, and assistance with outside referrals in the community. CAPS also can consult with faculty and staff of students of concern. CAPS also provides outreach and education to the campus community on mental health and wellness topics.

What happens in an initial appointment?

All new students meet with a CAPS clinician to discuss concerns and focus areas. Based on this meeting, early goals and needs are identified, and appropriate services that can meet these goals are outlined.

How long will I meet with a CAPS clinician?

We make every attempt to address student needs with our services. The duration and frequency of meetings often varies based on individual goals and concerns presented. While CAPS is not a long-term service and we have no session limit for our services, we tailor short-term services based on individual unique concerns and needs. If more regular long-term counseling is needed, the CAPS Counselor will help students get connected with outside therapy referrals in our community.

Are my concerns important enough to meet with a counselor?

Yes! All students’ concerns and feelings are valid. Attending college can bring many concerns, stress, worries, uncertainty, and sense of loneliness among other concerns unique to our diverse students. If concerns are impacting attending classes, making or keeping relationships, sleep or appetite, well-being, motivation or more, please schedule a time to meet with a counselor at CAPS. Students do not need to have a diagnosis to talk to a counselor.

If you are struggling with thoughts of keeping yourself safe, we strongly encourage you to contact CAPS right away as we have counselors available to talk with you the same day. We recommend students reach out earlier in the semester before concerns may get worse, so they are established with CAPS to help them as things arise. 

How is my personal information managed and stored?

CAPS uses an electronic medical records (EMR) system to manage student information. All CAPS forms, communication and records are stored in the EMR, which is only accessible by CAPS staff. Our EMR and records-keeping process is HIPAA-compliant and secure. All student files are deleted (or previous paper charts shredded) after seven years of inactivity. 

Does CAPS services appear on my transcript? Will my parents know? 

Our services are confidential, so there is no indication on University records of your work with CAPS. Similarly, unless in emergency situations, the only way that others will know of your interaction with CAPS is if you tell them or ask us to communicate with them on your behalf.

I’m worried about someone close to me. Am I able to speak with someone at CAPS about them?

CAPS staff are happy to consult with students, faculty, and staff. Our administrative assistant can schedule you for a brief, confidential consultation with one of our clinicians to discuss your concerns. For concerns occurring outside of CAPS business hours (8-5 M-F), please call or text the Penn State Crisis Line (Phone: 877-229-6400; Text: send “LIONS” to 741741), which is staffed by mental health professionals and is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Please note that outside of very few circumstances, we are unable to contact students to perform unsolicited “check ins.”

Is there a charge for counseling? 

CAPS services are free for all registered Penn State Harrisburg students with few exceptions. Many of our virtual resources, such as Mantra Health (medication management), are free for a set number of hours per year or semester. There may be charges associated with these services beyond the allotted free hours, or for other services, such as our BASICS training. 

How quickly can I be seen? What if I have an emergency?

Our goal is to meet with students requesting services as quickly as possible. At times we may be able to meet with you on the same day, and other times there could be a brief wait depending on the time of the semester, your schedule/availability, etc. CAPS will also assist with emergencies or crisis situations during normal operating hours when able. If our clinicians are assisting other students at the time of an emergency, and the situation cannot wait for further attention, students can call or text the Penn State Crisis Line, which is available 24/7/365 and staffed by mental health professionals. The Crisis Line will then coordinate with CAPS staff about the situation.

Penn State Crisis Line 
Phone: 877-229-6400
Text: send “LIONS” to 741741

What is considered a clinical emergency or crisis?

Emergency/crisis situations vary greatly based on individual circumstances. CAPS differentiates between emotionally intense scenarios and clinical emergencies. Please contact us or come to our office if a student is experiencing any of the following:  

  • Imminent suicidal thoughts and/or a plan/intent to act
  • Imminent homicidal thoughts and/or a plan/intent to act
  • Severe emotional disturbance or dysregulation
  • Gross impairment in thinking or cognitive functioning
  • Exhibiting bizarre behavior
  • Recent trauma

The Student Disability Resources (SDR) office provides students with disability accommodations to minimize the effects of their disabilities. SDR is responsible for coordinating support services, reasonable academic accommodations, and promoting disability awareness and education in the university community.

Visit the SDR homepage for location, hours of service, and contact information.

How do I know if I am eligible for services?

To be eligible for services from SDR, you must have a disability as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act of 2008 (ADAAA) and Section 504 of the Vocational Rehabilitation Act of 1973. ADAAA and Section 504 define a person with a disability as anyone who has a physical or mental impairment (diagnosis) which substantially limits one or more major life activities. To learn more, please read our eligibility webpage.

I am not sure if my disability qualifies, what should I do?

Schedule a meeting with Student Disability Resources! A Disability Coordinator can meet with you in person or virtually to discuss eligibility, documentation guidelines, and services.

Does an Individualized Education Plan (IEP) or a 504 plan get automatically transferred and implemented in college?

No! Students must self-disclose their disability to a member of the Student Disability Resource team. Students must reach out to SDR to schedule an intake to meet with their Disability Coordinator, discuss eligibility, review documentation and eligibility for services at Penn State Harrisburg.

What accommodations are available to me?

Academic accommodations are designed to ensure access to course content and programming while mitigating disability-related functional limitations that may adversely impact a student’s ability to fully participate in a course or show mastery of content during routine course work and examinations. The Disability Coordinator engages students in an interactive process and reviews requests for accommodations on an individualized, case-by-case basis.

When can I schedule an intake meeting?

As soon as possible! We encourage students to contact SDR early in the semester, but we are available at any point to meet with students to discuss eligibility, documentation guidelines, and services.

Can I get my emotional support animal approved for campus housing?

Once the student has signed a housing contract with Penn State Harrisburg, they will need to complete the “Request for Emotional Support Animal in University Housing Form” and schedule an appointment with Student Disability Resources to review all necessary documentation prior to approval. Student Disability Resources cannot serve as an approved provider for acquiring an emotional support animal.

Will my information be kept confidential?

The Student Disability Resources (SDR) Office is committed to ensuring that all information regarding a student is maintained confidentially as required or permitted by law. Any information collected is used for the benefit of the student. This information may include psychoeducational or neuro/psychological testing, grades, biographical history, disability information, and case notes.

Students are informed of their confidentiality rights during their first meeting with the Disability Coordinator. Read more about confidentiality.

Penn State requires students to submit official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions where course work was attempted.

Official transcripts should be sent to the Admissions Office from the college/university where course work was attempted

  • via email to [email protected]
  • via regular mail to:
    Penn State Harrisburg
    Office of Admissions
    777 West Harrisburg Pike
    Middletown, PA 17057

Once an official transcript is received, the courses are evaluated for equivalency to Penn State courses, and the courses and credits are added to the student's Penn State academic record.