The American studies program offers resources and opportunities not available elsewhere that can help students earn a level of distinction and separate them from peers in the job market.
- Opportunities to conduct research with leading scholars in the field of American studies
- Seamless integration with the Penn State Harrisburg’s Honors Program and Penn State’s Schreyer Honors College
- Access to one-of-a kind special collections within the Penn State Harrisburg library, including the Alice Marshall Womens History Collection, and within the college’s Center for Pennsylvania Culture Studies and the Center for Holocaust and Jewish Studies.
- Membership in Epsilon Alpha Kappa, the American Studies Honor Society, which is housed at Penn State Harrisburg.
- Publishing opportunities in New Errands, the only academic journal dedicated to undergraduate research in American studies.
- An integrated undergraduate/graduate degree option