At Penn State Harrisburg, we have something truly special to offer both undergraduate and graduate students: hands-on internship experience for course credit! We’re perfectly situated in the capital region to help you make connections with many different kinds of agencies, institutions and organizations where you can learn and apply your skills.
As a result, you’ll have a lot of opportunities to choose from. Our campus is conveniently located near renowned historical and heritage sites and institutions. Check out some of the exciting places nearby:
- Gettysburg Battlefield: Immerse yourself in the rich history of one of the most significant Civil War battlefields.
- U.S. Army Heritage and Education Center: Explore and learn about the incredible legacy of the U.S. Army.
- Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission: Get firsthand experience with the preservation and promotion of Pennsylvania’s history.
- Pennsylvania State Archives: Uncover fascinating historical documents and artifacts that tell the story of our great state.
- Pennsylvania State Museum: Discover captivating exhibits that showcase the diverse culture and heritage of Pennsylvania.
- Historic ethnic-industrial sites: Visit places like Hershey, Steelton, and the Anthracite Coal Region to learn about the unique contributions of different communities.
- Urban political heritage locations: Immerse yourself in the political history of Harrisburg, York, Baltimore, Philadelphia, and even Washington, D.C.
- Amish farmlands and Pennsylvania-German speaking communities: Experience the distinct traditions and lifestyle of the Amish community and Pennsylvania-German-speaking areas.
We can’t wait for you to take advantage of these incredible resources and create unforgettable experiences during your time with us at Penn State Harrisburg!