TR 1:00-2:30 PM in 239W
F 10:00-11:00 AM
PENN STATE HBG
MIDDLETOWN, PA 17057
Licensed Professional Engineer, State of Pennsylvania
- Penn State Harrisburg Faculty Award for Excellence in Teaching in 2011
- Penn State Harrisburg Faculty Advising Award in 2009
- American Society for Engineering Education - Environmental Engineering Division - Early Career Grant 2006
- National Institute for Staff and Organizational Development Excellence Award Winner in 1992
- Outstanding Young Men in America in 1987
- Federal Department of Energy Achievement Award for timely support of initial build of new detonator design at Monsanto Research Corporation in 1983
- Member of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers; currently serve the Technology & Society Division as Past Chair, also serve on the ASME Publications Committee
- Member of the American Society for Engineering Education
- 1985 - 2002 Professor of Engineering and Mechanical Engineering Technology, Harrisburg Area Community College, Harrisburg, PA
- 1984 - 1985 Manufacturing Engineer AMP, INC , Harrisburg, PA
- 1978- 1984 Senior Project Engineer/Manufacturing Engineer Monsanto Research Corporation, Miamisburg, OH
Advanced manufacturing and design
Design for environment
Lead-free solder in electronics manufacturing
Material flow analysis
Nie, L., M. Pecht, and R. Ciocci, "Regulations and Market Trends in Lead-free and Halogen-free Electronics," Circuit World, Vol. 33, No. 2, 4-9, 2007.
Ciocci, R. and M. Pecht, "Learning from the Migration to Lead-free Solder," Soldering and Surface Mount Technology, Vol. 18, No. 3, 14-18, 2006.
Ciocci, R., "Characterizing Sustainable Mechanical Engineering," the Technology Interface, Vol. 6, No. 1, 2006, Available: http://technologyinterface.nmsu.edu/Spring06/.
Ciocci, R. and M. Pecht, "Impact of Environmental Regulations on Green Electronics Manufacture," Microelectronics International, Vol. 23, No. 2, 45-50, 2006.
Ciocci, R., D. Cottrell, and P. Idowu, "Engineering Technology Graduates Keep Pace with their Engineering Colleagues to Succeed in a Master of Engineering Program," Journal of Engineering Technology, Vol. 22, No. 2, pp. 46-51, Fall 2005.
Ciocci, R. and M. Pecht, "Questions Concerning the Migration to Lead-free Solder," Circuit World, Vol. 30, No. 2, 34-40, 2004.
Ciocci, R., "Handling the Migration to Lead Free," IEEE Transactions on Components and Packaging Technologies, Vol. 24, No. 3, 536-538, September 2001.
Ciocci, R., "Assessment of Environmental Equity: Results of an Engineering Service-Learning Project," Projects that Matter: Concepts and Models in Service-Learning for Engineering, E. Tsang, ed., American Association for Higher Education, Washington, DC, pp. 161-166, 2000.
B.S.; M.S.; P.E.; Ph.D. (Maryland)