TR 1:00-2:30 PM in 239W
F 10:00-11:00 AM
PENN STATE HBG
MIDDLETOWN, PA 17057
Licensed Professional Engineer, State of Pennsylvania
- Penn State Harrisburg Faculty Award for Excellence in Teaching in 2011
- Penn State Harrisburg Faculty Advising Award in 2009
- American Society for Engineering Education - Environmental Engineering Division - Early Career Grant 2006
- National Institute for Staff and Organizational Development Excellence Award Winner in 1992
- Outstanding Young Men in America in 1987
- Federal Department of Energy Achievement Award for timely support of initial build of new detonator design at Monsanto Research Corporation in 1983
- Member of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers; currently serve the Technology & Society Division as Past Chair, also serve on the ASME Publications Committee
- Member of the American Society for Engineering Education
- 1985 - 2002 Professor of Engineering and Mechanical Engineering Technology, Harrisburg Area Community College, Harrisburg, PA
- 1984 - 1985 Manufacturing Engineer AMP, INC , Harrisburg, PA
- 1978- 1984 Senior Project Engineer/Manufacturing Engineer Monsanto Research Corporation, Miamisburg, OH
Advanced manufacturing and design
Design for environment
Lead-free solder in electronics manufacturing
Material flow analysis
Nie, L., M. Pecht, and R. Ciocci, "Regulations and Market Trends in Lead-free and Halogen-free Electronics," Circuit World, Vol. 33, No. 2, 4-9, 2007.
Ciocci, R. and M. Pecht, "Learning from the Migration to Lead-free Solder," Soldering and Surface Mount Technology, Vol. 18, No. 3, 14-18, 2006.
Ciocci, R., "Characterizing Sustainable Mechanical Engineering," the Technology Interface, Vol. 6, No. 1, 2006.
Ciocci, R. and M. Pecht, "Impact of Environmental Regulations on Green Electronics Manufacture," Microelectronics International, Vol. 23, No. 2, 45-50, 2006.
Ciocci, R., D. Cottrell, and P. Idowu, "Engineering Technology Graduates Keep Pace with their Engineering Colleagues to Succeed in a Master of Engineering Program," Journal of Engineering Technology, Vol. 22, No. 2, pp. 46-51, Fall 2005.
Ciocci, R. and M. Pecht, "Questions Concerning the Migration to Lead-free Solder," Circuit World, Vol. 30, No. 2, 34-40, 2004.
Ciocci, R., "Handling the Migration to Lead Free," IEEE Transactions on Components and Packaging Technologies, Vol. 24, No. 3, 536-538, September 2001.
Ciocci, R., "Assessment of Environmental Equity: Results of an Engineering Service-Learning Project," Projects that Matter: Concepts and Models in Service-Learning for Engineering, E. Tsang, ed., American Association for Higher Education, Washington, DC, pp. 161-166, 2000.
B.S.; M.S.; P.E.; Ph.D. (Maryland)