PENN STATE HBG
MIDDLETOWN, PA 17057
- Member of Technical Program Committee TPC#10 of IEEE Microwave Theory and Techniques (MTT) society
- Served in the reviewing board of IEEE Transaction on Microwave Theory and Techniques (MTT), 2002-2003
- TPC subcommittee #27 of IEEE International Microwave Symposium (IMS), IMS-2003 (Philadelphia, PA) and IMS-2004 (Fort Worth, TX)
- "A Self-Contained, Permanently Implantable, Intracranial Pressure Sensor," National Institute of Health (NIH), In Collaboration With Dr. Arye Rosen, Drexel University, $393,000, 2004-2006.
- "A Dual Mode Radiometric Array System for Sub-cm 3D Imaging of Breast for Early Detection of Thermal Abnormality of Cancerous Tumors," Submitted to NIH, In Collaboration With Dr. Arye Rosen, Drexel University, $400,000.
- "Hybridization of DNA Using Sub-millimeter Wave Modality," Submitted to NIH, In Collaboration With Dr. Afshin Daryoush, Drexel University, $390,000.
- IEEE Microwave Theory and Techniques Society
- IEEE Antenna and Propagation Society
- Extensive experiences with Agilent ADS, HFSS field solver, Matlab.
- Experiences with Ansoft Designer, Cadence, C, Fortran, Basic, Assembly, Pspice, LabWindows, AutoCAD.
- Extensive hands on experiences in hybrid and monolithic RF circuits, PCB layouts, microstrip antennas, and RF/microwave test fixtures.
- Extensive RFIC development and test experiences with 60 GHz Knowledge*On Inc. InGaP/GaAs HBT foundry process.
- Extensive experiences with high frequency test equipments.
- Recipient of Drexel University Hill’s fellowship award, 2000.
- Recipient of the best student paper competition award, IEEE Sarnoff Symposium on Communication Technology for the New Millennium, March 22 2000, Princeton, NJ.
MMIC and RFIC
RF and microwave oscillators and PLL
Multi Gbps clock recovery circuits
Frequency stabilization by injection locking
Microwave and millimeter wave measurement test fixtures
Microwave and millimeter wave high frequency components
EM interaction with biological tissues and bioelectromagnetics
RF/Microwave medical devices
Microwave imaging and radiometry
Complex permittivity measurement techniques
Network analysis at microwave and millimeter wave frequencies
Numerical methods in electromagnetics
Antennas and arrays
Wireless propagation modeling
M. R. Tofighi and A. S. Daryoush, "Measurement Techniques for Electromagnetic Characterization of Biological Materials," Chapter 18 of Handbook of Engineering Electromagnetics, R. Bansal, Ed., Marcel Dekker Inc., August 2004.
M. R. Tofighiand A. S. Daryoush, "A 2.5 GHz InGaP/GaAs Differential Cross-Coupled Self-Oscillating Mixer (SOM) IC," Submitted to IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters.
M. R. Tofighi and A. S. Daryoush, "An IC Based Self-Oscillating Mixer for Telecommunications," IEEE Radio and Wireless Conference, RAWCON 2004, Sep. 2004, Atlanta, GA.
L. Zhou, S. Shetty, R. Spring, H. Ariak , W. Zheng, J. Hyun, M.R. Tofighi, and A. S. Daryoush, "IC Based Broadband Digital Receiver for 4G Wireless Communications," IEEE Radio and Wireless Conference, RAWCON 2004, Sep. 2004, Atlanta, GA.
M. R. Tofighi and A. S. Daryoush, "PLL and Injection Locked PLL (ILPLL) Operations of a Push-Pull Self Oscillating Mixer (SOM)," Digest of 2003 IEEE International Microwave Symposium , pp. 2173-2176, June 2003, Philadelphia, PA.
M. R. Tofighi and A. S. Daryoush, "Comparison of Two Post-Calibration Correction Methods for Complex Permittivity Measurement of Biological Tissues up to 50 GHz," IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, Vol. 51, No. 6, pp. 1170-1176, Dec. 2002.
M. R. Tofighi and A. S. Daryoush, "Characterization of the Complex Permittivity of Brain Tissues up to 50 GHz Utilizing a Two-Port Microstrip Test Fixture," IEEE Transaction on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. MTT-50, No. 10, pp. 2217-2225, Oct. 2002.
M. R. Tofighi and A. S. Daryoush, "Study of the Activity of Neurological Cell Solutions Using Complex Permittivity Measurement," Digest of IEEE International Microwave Symposium , pp. 1763-1766, June 2002, Seattle, WA.
M. R. Tofighi and A. S. Daryoush, "Near Field Microwave Imaging of Brain" Electronics Letters, Vol. 37, No. 13, pp. 807-808, June 2001.
A. Daryoush and M. R. Tofighi, "Microwave Engineering Education Using Web-Based Instruction," IEEE Microwave Magazine, pp. 114 - 118, June 2001.
M. R. Tofighi and A. S. Daryoush, "Electromagnetic Induction in Brain Cells?" Digest of 2001 Topical Symposium on Millimeter Wave, TSMMW2001, Yokosuka, Japan, pp. 175 - 178, March 2001.
M. R. Tofighi and A. S. Daryoush, "Characterization of Biological Tissues up to Millimeter Wave: Test Fixture Design," Digest of IEEE International Microwave Symposium, pp.1041-1044, June 2000, Boston, MA.
M. R. Tofighi and A. S. Daryoush, "Design and Analysis of a 20 GHz Test Fixture For Characterization of Biological Tissues Using the Microstrip Transmission Line," Digest of IEEE Sarnoff Symposium on Communication Technology for the new Millennium, pp.155-158, March 2000, Princeton, NJ.
M. N. 0. Sadiku, and M. R. Tofighi "A Tutorial on Simulation of Queuing Models" International Journal of Electrical Engineering Education, Vol. 6, No. 2, pp. 109-, 1999.
M. R. Tofighi, A. S. Daryoush, and Y. Nissanov, "Fixture Design Issues for Complex Permittivity Measurement of Biological Materials up to MMW frequencies," XXVIth URSI General Assembly, Aug. 1999, Toronto, Ontario.
A. S. Daryoush and S. Tofighi, "E-Book as a Tool for Web-Based Microwave Instruction" 2001 International Microwave Symposium WBH Workshop on Web-Based RF and Microwave Education, May 2001, Phoenix, AZ.
B.S.; M.S.; M.S.; Ph.D. (Drexel)