PENN STATE HBG
MIDDLETOWN, PA 17057
Having previously taught for three years at Penn State Harrisburg, Welsh arrived back at the campus in 2008. Beyond the classroom, Welsh is also the principal of a successful design studio based in Lancaster, PA. Additionally, he is the founder of Society of Design, a non-profit organization dedicated to multidisciplinary design education and community service.
Welsh earned an M.F.A in graphic design from Marywood University after earning his M.A. in advertising design from Syracuse University, and holds a B.S. in architecture from Penn State University.
- American Institute of Architects (AIA)
- American Institute of Graphic Artists (AIGA)
- Art Directors Club
- The One Club
- Society of Design (SOD)
- Type Directors Club (TDC)
- University and College Designers Association (UCDA)
- Welsh directs strategy and creative on a range of projects and campaigns at his off-campus design studio, including branding, identity, collateral, interactive, and motion graphics projects for sole proprietors to Fortune 500 companies.
- His most current research is focused on letterpress printing methods and materials. He previously conducted research on product placement in film and television entertainment and presented at the International Conference on the Arts & Humanities.
"Designing for Social Change," Shea, Princeton Architectural Press, 2012
"One Show, Volume 33," The One Club, Rockport, 2012
"One Show Design, Volume 5," The One Club, Rockport, 2012
"Typography 32," Type Directors Club, Crescent Hill, 2012
"Print's Regional Design Annual," Gordon, 2011
"Branding USA 4," Pedersen and Fuersich, Graphis, 2011
"Coupe International Design Annual (Canada)," Douglas, 2011
"CMYK, Volume 51," feature article, "Go Welsh or Go Home," Hatz, 2011
"Communication Arts Typography Annual 1," Coyne, 2011
The One Show international exhibit (7 countries), 2011-2012
TDC Communication Design international exhibit (11 countries), 2011-2012
Applied Arts Advertising and Design Awards exhibit, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, 2011
Philadelphia Design Awards exhibit, University of the Arts, Philadelphia, 2011
365: AIGA Annual Design Exhibition 29, New York, 2009
Permanent archives selection, Denver Art Museum, 2008
B.S.; M.A.; M.F.A. (Marywood)