Admission is on a rolling basis. Candidates must meet the following admission requirements:
- An overall GPA of at least 3.0 out of a 4.0 scale in previous college work
- A valid Pennsylvania Teaching Certificate
- Three (3) years of successful teaching experience before the endorsement can be awarded.
Applying for Endorsement
Upon completion of all program requirements, the candidate is eligible to petition the PA Department of Education for an endorsement certificate. This would be classified as an add-on to an existing PA Level I or Level II certificate.
Currently, the Pennsylvania Department of Education is utilizing an online system to manage all certificates and endorsements: the Teacher Information Management System (TIMS). The candidate needs to log into the TIMS section of the PDE website to process an application for an add-on. The endorsement application must be approved by the Penn State Harrisburg Certification Officer and may not be submitted until all courses and required field experiences have been completed.
How to Enroll
To enroll, complete the online application within the Graduate School online application.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to log in.
- For Enrollment Type, select "Nondegree Admission." (Certification or Endorsement programs do not award a degree)
- For Campus, Choose "Harrisburg."
- Select the appropriate semester of enrollment
- Save and continue to add your information and submit the application.
If you experience difficulty using our online application, please contact:
Rebecca Ort [email protected] 717-948-6213