Admission for K-12 educators is on a rolling basis and follows the Penn State non-degree graduate student admission guidelines.
To be certified to PDE for the ESL Program Specialist Certificate, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Successfully complete the 5 ESL courses (EDUC 466, 467, 468, 469, and 475) with a grade of C or above.
- Possess a valid Pennsylvania Teaching Certificate.
For students interested in receiving ACT 48 credit, please consult the Registrar’s Office at Penn State University, University Park.
How to Enroll
- To enroll, complete the Graduate School online application.
- Follow the instructions to log in.
- For Enrollment Type, select "Nondegree Admission." (Certification or Endorsement programs do not award a degree)
- For Campus, choose "Harrisburg."
- Select the appropriate semester of enrollment.
- Save and continue to add your information and submit the application.
Note: Existing Teaching and Curriculum master’s program students and undergraduate students are not required to complete a separate Penn State application for the ESL Program Specialist certification program.