Note: In addition to the general prerequisites for admission to the Graduate School, the following is required by this degree program:
- Complete the Graduate School online application, choosing Certificate Admission for the application type. Next, select Harrisburg as the Campus, ESL Program Specialist and Leadership as the Certificate, and the semester you choose to begin. The ESL Certificate Program brings in new cohorts in Spring and Summer semesters only. Please see schedule of classes below.
- Submit copies of your undergraduate transcripts to the Program Director (contact information listed below).
- If you are requesting scholarship funding, also submit a Letter of Recommendation to the Program Director.
- International applicants have additional requirements.
After Completing Your Application
- After you complete your online graduate application, you will receive a letter from Penn State University indicating whether or not you have been accepted to begin study in a graduate certificate program.
- Once all of your application materials have been submitted to the ESL Program Director, your complete application will then be reviewed by the ESL Program staff.
- If you meet the requirements for the program, you will receive an admissions letter from the ESL Program.